FNG, well sorta. Leslie's says....Do this.....

Jeff Lebowski

May 29, 2014
Virginia Beach
OK. I bought the super duper test kit but I have yet to master its use. I travel A LOT and when I get home I typically hoist several and just jump in the deep end. Please excuse my lazy deportment.

My T Cell failed, so I bought a rebuilt unit (T-15) from Salt Solutions in FL (If I remember their name correctly). I added a half a bag of salt and let it rip.

Yesterday on a whim I took some water to The Big L and this is what came back.

FAC 2
TAC 2

ph 7.6

TA 70

CYA 60

Calcium Hardness 150

NaCL 3200

Phosphates 2500

They suggested 4 LB of Alkalinity UP and 15 pounds of Hardness Plus. Nothing more.

My questions....

1. What are my best and least expensive options for the two chems they suggest? I thought Alkaline was the 7-14 ph range and things were OK. Am I smoking Ganja?

2. What do I do, if anything, about the Phosphate level? I seem to recall that it can just be ignored.

The pool is crystal clear and the beer is ice cold. The tequila and lime are also wonderful, as are the Gin n Tonics. Squeezie is wearing a very very small, chartreuse skimpy and Sinatra is crooning in the background. Life is very, very good.

TA can't be 7.6, typically it is somewhere around 50-120. Chances are you don't need to raise TA, but there is no way to know without knowing your current level. If you do need to raise TA, use baking soda from the grocery store. It is exactly the same as what they would sell you but much less expensive (and higher purity).

Since you have a vinyl liner pool there is no reason to raise calcium.

Hello VA Beach neighbor!

*Which* big kahuna kit.

Taylor K 2006?
Taylor K 2005?
TF-100?

Or...is there really a kit called the big kahuna that we don't know about. :p :confused: :scratch:

Hopefully everything is working while you're away. Would hate for you to return to something swampy! Temps are pretty cool for a couple days but we are back into the upper 80s next week! :shock: Pool weather!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Jeff,
if you get around to learning how to use your Test Kit, you will be doing yourself a favor. Its the best investment you can make for you pool.

With respect to the test results posted. All you need to do is jump in.
there is no need to raise TA.
Since you have a vynal pool, there is no need to mantain any CH. As long as it doesnt get sky high then no need to worry about it.

OK. I bought the super duper test kit but I have yet to master its use. I travel A LOT and when I get home I typically hoist several and just jump in the deep end. Please excuse my lazy deportment.

My T Cell failed, so I bought a rebuilt unit (T-15) from Salt Solutions in FL (If I remember their name correctly). I added a half a bag of salt and let it rip.

Yesterday on a whim I took some water to The Big L and this is what came back.

FAC 2
TAC 2

ph 7.6

TA 70

CYA 60

Calcium Hardness 150

NaCL 3200

Phosphates 2500

They suggested 4 LB of Alkalinity UP and 15 pounds of Hardness Plus. Nothing more.

My questions....

1. What are my best and least expensive options for the two chems they suggest? I thought Alkaline was the 7-14 ph range and things were OK. Am I smoking Ganja?

2. What do I do, if anything, about the Phosphate level? I seem to recall that it can just be ignored.

The pool is crystal clear and the beer is ice cold. The tequila and lime are also wonderful, as are the Gin n Tonics. Squeezie is wearing a very very small, chartreuse skimpy and Sinatra is crooning in the background. Life is very, very good.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.