Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Thought my SLAM was done... but maybe not!

1. Back To Top    #1

Thought my SLAM was done... but maybe not!

After having been keeping my SLAM going for the past week and a half or so, I thought I was about there.

On Sunday, my OCLT was 1.0. On Monday, OCLT went down to 0.5. CC has been 0.5 or less all along. I kept the SLAM going though because the water was still kind of cloudy, and that's one of the three criteria for judging when you're through.

So yesterday, the water finally cleared! But I ran another OCLT last night, and that's back up to 2.5. My FC went down from 24 to 21.5 overnight. (CYA looks like it's 60 after I uncovered this spring, so my shock level is 24.) Aaaargh!

I'm leaving town tomorrow for a few days, and I have no choice but to elevate the FC level and let it drift back down during my absence, but the OCLT reversal has got me worried. Well, I guess I'm just going to have to see how things fare. If I've got to start over next week, I've got to start over.
    15,000 gallon 16x30 IG w/vinyl liner built in 2006, Hayward cartridge filter, Hayward 1HP Single Speed pump, Taylor K2006.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Thought my SLAM was done... but maybe not!

That is a little unusual, though such things do happen.

Remember to brush the entire pool daily while SLAMing. That often helps with stubborn small overnight chlorine loss.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Have you checked for hidden algae (under steps, light niche, etc.)
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by Isaac-1 View Post
    Rick
    Installed June 2012 Aqua Leader 24ft Round AG Influence w/54 inch walls 13,500 gallons
    Cartridge Filter 100SF, 1.5HP
    Aqua Plus Smarte System - In for vacations, BBB all the way.
    Love my PVC Solar Cover Hangers

5. Back To Top    #5

Steps are actually out of the pool still - never reinstalled them after uncovering. I've cleaned out the light niche, but I haven't been brushing every day - hey! Maybe my pool has gingivitis! lol. Thanks for the suggestions!
    15,000 gallon 16x30 IG w/vinyl liner built in 2006, Hayward cartridge filter, Hayward 1HP Single Speed pump, Taylor K2006.

6. Back To Top    #6

thats what I was gonna say. Algae is famous for hiding behind light niche and other places. Even behind the eyeball fittings ring

Quote Originally Posted by Isaac-1 View Post
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!