CS8110 Intex unit GFCI does not work?

Hi everyone. I have an Intex CS8110 unit, and I think the GFCI has stopped working. It does not reset, and the test button does not work. There also is no power to the unit. Any ideas to fix this? Last year it worked like a champ. Just tried to open the pool and turn it on yesterday.

Well, electricity can be tricky for sure. Process of elimination would drive me want to confirm is it actually the GFCI outlet that's bad, or perhaps something in your Intex unit that is keeping the outlet from resetting? Have you tried unplugging the Intex pump and plugging-in some other electrical item in its place? Just to see if the circuit stays on? If the outlet still is not working, it's always possible it's the outlet itself that's bad in which case you would need to replace it. I'm assuming go back to your main sub-panel, turn-off power to that circuit/outlet, and replace it. But let's see if anyone else replies who may have had some similar experiences.

What a coincidence! I got home last night and mine was off too! I have the same model, and this is the first time it's ever done this before.

Upon close inspection, the plastic enclosure for the GFCI is cracked, and since we've had monsoon season lately, I'm guessing water has gotten into it. I was able to press reset a few times and it finally came back on. But after my external timer clicked over, it wouldn't come back on again without more fiddling.

Since my entire circuit is GFCI protected, I'm probably just going to cut it off and put a plain plug on the cord. I had to do this with the pump, because every time the external timer kicked on, it would trip the GFCI built into the pump's cord.

I use an external timer for the pump and SWG because it gives me more flexibility as to when I want them to run.

Update - I removed the GFCI and installed a regular grounded plug and the SWG powered back up and is working fine now.

Update - I removed the GFCI and installed a regular grounded plug and the SWG powered back up and is working fine now.

Can this be done by someone with little to no electrical skills? I believe I am having the same problem as my Intex CS8110 SWG will turn on only sporadically. Sometimes I go out and it's fine, and sometimes I go out and nothing I do will get it to turn on.

If this is easily done, can you post instructions? Preferably instructions that assume I know NOTHING because in this case, I really don't. :)

Thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.