Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: CYA level??

1. Back To Top    #1

CYA level??

I have been running around 50-60 on my cya ever since pool installation. Water looks great and chemical balance has been easily maintained. The recommended level is 70-90 I think, should I be trying to increase my cya or just let it ride?

What happens other than faster escaping of FC when your cya is on the low end?
    20x49 double roman 3.5' to 8.5 deep', 44,000 gal. SWG, TF-100 test kit with speed stir, concrete walls with vinyl liner, cartridge filter on an IG pool with a 1hp main pump and 1.5hp booster pump. Pool built April 2013

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: CYA level??

Because you have a SWG it should really be 70-90. I keep mine around 75. When it is lower your SWG has to work harder and it decreases the life of your cell.
    Lisa
    Intex AG vinyl 15' x 48" 4,300 gallons due to skimmer install, Krystal Clear SF pump combo 2800 GPH, Krystal Clear SWG, Pool Blaster Max vacuum, Hayward thru the wall skimmer, TF 100 test kit with speed stir, K 1766 Taylor salt test, My SLAM Process

3. Back To Top    #3

70 to 80. We don't recommend going over 80.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

The chart says 70-90 so that is where that came from.

Edited. To say I stand corrected. It does say 80, but I know I have seen 90 somewhere on here.
    Lisa
    Intex AG vinyl 15' x 48" 4,300 gallons due to skimmer install, Krystal Clear SF pump combo 2800 GPH, Krystal Clear SWG, Pool Blaster Max vacuum, Hayward thru the wall skimmer, TF 100 test kit with speed stir, K 1766 Taylor salt test, My SLAM Process

5. Back To Top    #5

What chart says 70-90 for CYA?
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

6. Back To Top    #6

The last thing I want is to blow a $500 SWG cell, I will start to increase my cya this afternoon.

Thanks
    20x49 double roman 3.5' to 8.5 deep', 44,000 gal. SWG, TF-100 test kit with speed stir, concrete walls with vinyl liner, cartridge filter on an IG pool with a 1hp main pump and 1.5hp booster pump. Pool built April 2013

7. Back To Top    #7

TFP Guide

I edited my post. I double checked and it does say 80, but I swear I saw 90 somewhere on here. If I find it, I will let you know.

- - - Updated - - -

Your welcome.
    Lisa