Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: salt water pool and automatic pool cover

1. Back To Top    #1

salt water pool and automatic pool cover

thinking of switching to swg but a bit nervous about corrosion issues with top track auto pool cover. i have heard a few stories about corrosion occuring wondering if any of our members have had issues with this. would really like to hear from some who have salt water pools for a long time
    inground pool 30000 gals vinly liner coverstar automatic cover

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: salt water pool and automatic pool cover

There have been just a few reports of issues with a SWG and an auto pool cover that uses an aluminum frame. You can avoid having problems by using a zinc anode connected to the bonding system and buried in damp soil.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: salt water pool and automatic pool cover

yes ive heard about the anode and really appreciate the way you always give great advice i started using the bbb method last year after doing pool wrong all my life and addind anything and everything to pool my pool was always clear but it cost me a ton to keep it that way just installed new liner and wanted to be sure to start eveything right from the start
    inground pool 30000 gals vinly liner coverstar automatic cover