Odd FC reading

astronaut888

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 7, 2013
southeast
My FC has been staying above 5 and I've been only losing around 2ppm per day so far this season - adding 2ppm nightly.
Had first big pool party last weekend and everything stayed just fine - crystal clear and no major FC or pH changes
Well- measured FC last night and it was oddly thru the roof - I stopped adding 003 at 30 drops and cracked my new 003 bottle thinking the reagent had gone bad but got same result
The day before FC was 7 at night and I added no bleach but did add MA to drop pH to around 7.2 from 7.6
I checked my alkalinity and it was oddly low at 40 so I added baking soda to shoot for 80

Gonna check again today - but - what could cause such an odd FC reading when I see no possible way that the FC could truly be that high??

20k gallons vinyl
FC ??high?
CC has never been above zero
TA 40
pH 7.2
CYA 40-50

Been sunny and in mid 80s
Water crystal clear

Ooops, a little test error there. R0003 is just the indicator for the presence of CC, not a Titrating liquid.
Never more than five drops are needed. Simply review the test procedure, and go from there.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.