Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: pool monitor

1. Back To Top    #1

pool monitor

is there such a thing as a WIFI pool monitor?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: pool monitor

Quote Originally Posted by brandon1 View Post
    is there such a thing as a WIFI pool monitor?
    What are you looking to monitor? Like a pool alarm if kids get in the water without an adult there?
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon

3. Back To Top    #3

water temp,ph level, etc

4. Back To Top    #4

For $$$ you can get an automation system with a pH probe and add in the wireless communication.
    Likely run you close to $1500.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

5. Back To Top    #5

How about that system?
    https://www.neptunesystems.com/produ...roller-system/
    I have it installed in my saltwater aquarium for 3 years now and it's working awesome.
    30'x54" Quest Above Ground Round Pool , About 21,000 Gallons , Hayward Perflex EC50 D.E. Filter System 1.5HP Power-Flo Pump , TF-100 Test Kit , Two Hayward Main Drains on the Bottom , Hayward CL200 In-Line Above-Ground Chlorinator.
    77"x77"x21.5" Hot Tub

6. Back To Top    #6

I would of thought some company has something

7. Back To Top    #7

Temperature is easy, PH is not so bad but not commonly done, so expensive. None of the other levels are at all easy to measure electronically.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

8. Back To Top    #8

How about something like this

- - - Updated - - -

9. Back To Top    #9

The ePool has gotten very bad reviews. When it works the PH and temperature numbers are alright, but it's idea of chlorine levels tend to have little to do with reality.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

10. Back To Top    #10

Alright thanks. I will keep looking for something

11. Back To Top    #11

These guys are working on one: mysutro
    I am going to talk to them next week about it.

Last edited by jblizzle; 06-05-2015 at 03:23 PM. Reason: deleted hyperlink ... rule violation
    18x36 29K gal Gunite - 1 HP Hayward Super Pump
    Hayward Aqua Rite - 40k Cell - 24" Hayward Pro Sand Filter
    Polaris 380 w/ booster - RayPak 336K BTU Propane Heater

Twitter: @jfgreco

12. Back To Top    #12

Quote Originally Posted by jfgreco View Post
    These guys are working on one: mysutro

I am going to talk to them next week about it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I think $230 is too much for a system that only reads salinity , pH , chlorine and temperature. And like said before these instruments are not accurate. And will need to be calibrated once in a while.
    30'x54" Quest Above Ground Round Pool , About 21,000 Gallons , Hayward Perflex EC50 D.E. Filter System 1.5HP Power-Flo Pump , TF-100 Test Kit , Two Hayward Main Drains on the Bottom , Hayward CL200 In-Line Above-Ground Chlorinator.
    77"x77"x21.5" Hot Tub

13. Back To Top    #13

I'd be highly suspect as well. If they are reading FC on ORP, it could be wildly inaccurate.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

14. Back To Top    #14

pool monitor

Pull some questions together. I am talking to them Wednesday night.

15. Back To Top    #15

It looks, to me, like a wolf in sheep's clothing.

A fancy tool to sell you "subscription" pool chemicals.

How long before they go Keurig 2.0 on their customer base?

(I also question the accuracy, but that has been mentioned a number of times. I would wonder if the device includes a required re-calibration routine every once and a while.)
    25k Gal, IG Vinyl, 26" Sand Filter, Hayward 1HP (SP-2607x10), Installed late 90s? (bought house in 2015), K-2006 Test Kit w/ SpeedStir & extra reagents from TFTestKits.com (Buying TF-100 next year instead of Taylor refills!)
    Helpful Links - Pool School - Read Everything Twice! : SLAM Procedure to clean up a green monster : CYA-FC Relation Chart : Pool Math Calculator : My First Pool Opening

16. Back To Top    #16

I use an AcuRite wireless pool thermometer and love it. I have two receivers in the house and it marries up with my AcuRite weather station so it publishes to the web so I can see it wherever I am. I admit, I like toys/gadgets.

I think it would be great to have a receiver in the house to watch pH and FC remotely. But two,things bother me; both have been mentioned

Accuracy of the sensors
    As Patrick points out, the accuracy of ORP sensors leaves a lot to be desired. Plus, pH probes that we see today need calibration or they get way out also.

Business model based on delivery of chemicals
    If, as phibrobiptic and I suspect, this is geared as a front for a chemical subscription service it is going to be a dis-service to pool owners. The advice being given by pool stores is bad enough, now we will have a company not even in your geographic area shipping you chemicals automatically. You can bet they will be shipping tabs, shock and dry acid because trying to ship liquids would be next to impossible.

Neat idea and I'd be interested to hear more.
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon

17. Back To Top    #17

Quote Originally Posted by tim5055 View Post
    The advice being given by pool stores is bad enough, now we will have a company not even in your geographic area shipping you chemicals automatically.
    Additionally, this concern still assumes that they will base the shipments off of accurate pool readings, and there will be no malfeasance or doctoring of the measurements to boost sales.

However, I should have mentioned that I, like tim, am a big fan of gadgets. (Electrical engineer who likes to tinker, go figure that I've accumulated a couple dozen raspberry pis, more arduinos and sensors than I can account for, and my 3D printer that I love, but don't have enough time to play with.)

So, while hopeful that this will be a good product, I do retain a healthy dose of skepticism.
    25k Gal, IG Vinyl, 26" Sand Filter, Hayward 1HP (SP-2607x10), Installed late 90s? (bought house in 2015), K-2006 Test Kit w/ SpeedStir & extra reagents from TFTestKits.com (Buying TF-100 next year instead of Taylor refills!)
    Helpful Links - Pool School - Read Everything Twice! : SLAM Procedure to clean up a green monster : CYA-FC Relation Chart : Pool Math Calculator : My First Pool Opening

18. Back To Top    #18

Quote Originally Posted by jfgreco View Post
    Pull some questions together. I am talking to Ben Wednesday night.
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ok, is it ORP, if so what is the range capability, and Ben who?
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

19. Back To Top    #19

Guess i am s.o.l then

20. Back To Top    #20

I meant them not ben.

I spoke with Ravi @ Sutro tonight. Very interesting stuff going on there. They couldn't confirm or deny their testing method due to their patent filings, but they fully understand the issues out there with ePool. They seem to be on our side and not trying to pool store us. So there is hope out there! More info to come as they work out their product.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast