New pool Just received TF-100 Kit Fun Fun Fun

May 17, 2015
Greenfield/In
Alright I got the TF100 today. Its amazing. My brother works for the local municipality in the water department. He test the towns water every day and corrects to drinking water standards. Adding chlorine gas and running aerators in water towers ect. He was very impressed with the quality of the TF-100, he said the kit he uses is very similar except throw a few more 00's on the end of the price. Anyway Drinking water and pool water goals are different. Just wanted to say its a great kit.

Now my numbers
FC 2
PH 7.5
TA 280
CH 375
CYA I didn't test because i have just added 56oz of the 74oz pool math recommends. Need to wait a week to test or keep adding to 74oz?
CC Didn't test it yet just realized that and its dark now. Sorry

So I need to add my chlorine. Should I try to adjust PH or just start aerating water to lower TA and watch PH? Anything else?

Am I suppose to be having this much fun with the test kit or am i mental? :p

Welcome to the world of rocket science! Your TF-100 will pay huge dividends for you.

- - - Updated - - -

Besides maintain a proper level of chlorine though, you'll want to bring that TA down. I would suggest referring to the pool math calculator. Enter your readings and pool info data and it tells you want to add. Others will reply soon I'm sure more specifics. Congrats on taking charge of your pool!

Hey, welcome to TFP!

It is a great kit, and the reagents are top shelf Taylor. Generic tests and some of his use the same chemicals for reagents, just another brand but that's cool. I've been using elaborate kits for a long time, and I too was impressed with the TF100, and still am.

Some Drinking water and pool water specs are more similar than you might think. Anyway.....

Adjust your FC for whatever you targeted for Cya. If you are adding based on whatever goal with the 74 OZ and you are sure of the previous reading, go ahead and add the rest. If you want to wait that's fine too, but go ahead and move the FC up to whatever the current Cya addition will get you too. Get that residual now, and hold it as a minimum.

If you are sure of that TA, it is really high. You want to watch the pH at that range of TA, because it will climb fast. You can work it down, but watch the pH.

CYA target was 30 that's what I was recommended. Due to it being a new pool and filled with 14500 gallons well water and 4000 gallons city water I believe the TA is normal for the area we are on limestone. Am I right in thinking aerating will eventually lower the TA? FC goal of 4-5ppm sound right?

Aerating only raises the pH. But this allows you to add more acid to lower both the pH and the TA. No hurry on this, you could just keep the pH in the 7s and let the TA do its thing and slowly come down.

If 74oz was to target 30ppm, I would just go ahead and add it all. And then just keep the FC above the minimum for a CYA level of 30ppm.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.