Numbers With New Taylor 2006 Kit

May 4, 2015
Chardon, ohio
FC = 1.5
CC = Could not get water to turn pink after 5 drops of R-0003 so don't know. What does this mean?
CYA = Less than 30 could be 0
PH = 7.4
Calcium Hardness is 200

I usually use pucks to bring up the CYA until it's around 30 then it's strictly liquid chlorine. Weather is cold in cleveland right now. Any suggestions?

FC = 1.5
CC = Could not get water to turn pink after 5 drops of R-0003 so don't know. What does this mean?
CYA = Less than 30 could be 0
PH = 7.4
Calcium Hardness is 200

I usually use pucks to bring up the CYA until it's around 30 then it's strictly liquid chlorine. Weather is cold in cleveland right now. Any suggestions?

Congrats on your test!
Your FC and CYA ar both low.
PH is good
If it never turned pink, that means you have 0 CC and this is good.

I would add granular Stablizer to a sock and set in the top of the skimmer or have it tied in front of a return jet. target 30 to begin with. If you queeze the sock it will disolve faster, but may not show up on the test for 1 week.

Add bleach using a CYA level of 30. Target is 4 unless you need to SLAM due to ugly water. Then it will be 12 for SLAMshock level.
How does your water look?

- - - Updated - - -

Also what is your TA?

If you typically use pucks to bring up your CYA and have success with it then have at it. As long as you make sure you don't overshoot then you will be fine.

No pink with the R-0003 is the best thing you can see. Just keep the FC in range and the weather will warm up eventually. Well, that's what they say anyway!

Thanks, this website is great. My water is crystal clear. What I have to do now is add enough chlorine every day to keep it at 4. I'm going to try adding it early evening and bring level up to 6-7 and see how much it dissipates in a 24 hour period to keep me at 4 until CYA rises. Then I will adjust from there. Unless anyone has a better way to do this. Thanks so much.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.