Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Numbers With New Taylor 2006 Kit

1. Back To Top    #1

Numbers With New Taylor 2006 Kit

FC = 1.5
    CC = Could not get water to turn pink after 5 drops of R-0003 so don't know. What does this mean?
    CYA = Less than 30 could be 0
    PH = 7.4
    Calcium Hardness is 200

I usually use pucks to bring up the CYA until it's around 30 then it's strictly liquid chlorine. Weather is cold in cleveland right now. Any suggestions?
    22000 Gallon in ground vinyl pool built in 2000, sanitized with chlorine
    Hayward C900 Cartridge Filter, Hayward Super Pump, 1HP, Single Speed
    Taylor test kit
    I have well water and do not use it in my pool. Have water trucked in when I need it.
    I live in the Cleveland, Ohio area

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Numbers With New Taylor 2006 Kit

Quote Originally Posted by Mckinley View Post
    FC = 1.5
    CC = Could not get water to turn pink after 5 drops of R-0003 so don't know. What does this mean?
    CYA = Less than 30 could be 0
    PH = 7.4
    Calcium Hardness is 200

I usually use pucks to bring up the CYA until it's around 30 then it's strictly liquid chlorine. Weather is cold in cleveland right now. Any suggestions?
    Congrats on your test!
    Your FC and CYA ar both low.
    PH is good
    If it never turned pink, that means you have 0 CC and this is good.

I would add granular Stablizer to a sock and set in the top of the skimmer or have it tied in front of a return jet. target 30 to begin with. If you queeze the sock it will disolve faster, but may not show up on the test for 1 week.

Add bleach using a CYA level of 30. Target is 4 unless you need to SLAM due to ugly water. Then it will be 12 for SLAMshock level.
    How does your water look?

- - - Updated - - -

Also what is your TA?
    Lisa
    Intex AG vinyl 15' x 48" 4,300 gallons due to skimmer install, Krystal Clear SF pump combo 2800 GPH, Krystal Clear SWG, Pool Blaster Max vacuum, Hayward thru the wall skimmer, TF 100 test kit with speed stir, K 1766 Taylor salt test, My SLAM Process

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

If you typically use pucks to bring up your CYA and have success with it then have at it. As long as you make sure you don't overshoot then you will be fine.

No pink with the R-0003 is the best thing you can see. Just keep the FC in range and the weather will warm up eventually. Well, that's what they say anyway!
    JD - 28' Round Above Ground Pool, 17,000 Gallons. Dual speed Jacuzzi pump with cartridge filter. Dual speed 1 HP pump, Hayward S210T sand filter
    Pool School - PoolMath - HIGHLY Recommended Test Kits

4. Back To Top    #4

My TA is 90
    Taylor test kit
    I have well water and do not use it in my pool. Have water trucked in when I need it.

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks, this website is great. My water is crystal clear. What I have to do now is add enough chlorine every day to keep it at 4. I'm going to try adding it early evening and bring level up to 6-7 and see how much it dissipates in a 24 hour period to keep me at 4 until CYA rises. Then I will adjust from there. Unless anyone has a better way to do this. Thanks so much.
    Taylor test kit

6. Back To Top    #6

Here are some of my favorite Pool School articles in case you missed any of them.
    TFPC for Beginners
    ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry

Here are the Recommended Levels for your pool.
    Here are the Recommended Pool Chemicals to maintain your pool and how to add them.
    Use PoolMath to figure out how much to add.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach