Test results. Whats your opinion?

May 9, 2015
Southern TN
I tested my friends pool today. It is an ag 24x52

FC was 13
CC was .4
TA was 120
pH was 7.8
CYA was showing 100 so I done diluted and got to the 100 mark again so 200?

Heres their problem. The water is dingy, teal looking. And on the ladders you can tell it looks greeny. You can see the bottom barely but the water is really cloudy. I am thinking chlorine lock from the cya because theie pH and TA isn't bAd. I know the TA is on the upper extreme but can it cause the water problems described? Opinions?

There is almost definitely an algae bloom in progress, but with a CYA of 200+ it will require an FC of near 80 to SLAM, so that's not happening. A considerable water replacement is in your friend's future if they want to get it under control. There is no such thing as Chlorine Lock, it is the gremlin of pool management. The problem is called overstabilization. The TA is just fine and isn't factoring in to the cloudiness, and with an FC over 10 the pH test won't give an accurate reading.

Is your friend open to following the TFPC method? If not then you might be in for a considerable uphill battle if you take on the responsibility for another pool in addition to your own.

There is almost definitely an algae bloom in progress, but with a CYA of 200+ it will require an FC of near 80 to SLAM, so that's not happening. A considerable water replacement is in your friend's future if they want to get it under control. There is no such thing as Chlorine Lock, it is the gremlin of pool management. The problem is called overstabilization. The TA is just fine and isn't factoring in to the cloudiness, and with an FC over 10 the pH test won't give an accurate reading.

Is your friend open to following the TFPC method? If not then you might be in for a considerable uphill battle if you take on the responsibility for another pool in addition to your own.

I advised them if it was me I would do at least a 50 percent change to start out. They said they would! I thought algae. Just wanted to see what you guys thought. I'm sure after a couple more days it will be completely apparent that's what it is.

If you can get them on the forum we would welcome them with open arms. It would make things easier on you so you don't have to relay, and also work on your separate (but similar) pool problems together at the same time. Soon you will both have the best looking pools you have ever seen, and if that doesn't prove the effectiveness of TFPC I don't know what will :D

If you can get them on the forum we would welcome them with open arms. It would make things easier on you so you don't have to relay, and also work on your separate (but similar) pool problems together at the same time. Soon you will both have the best looking pools you have ever seen, and if that doesn't prove the effectiveness of TFPC I don't know what will :D

I still am scratching my head on their pool gallons. Every calculator I use gives me diff. gallons! PoolMath says 17600. Seems a lot to me??? 24x52 ag

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.