Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Test results. Whats your opinion?

1. Back To Top    #1

Test results. Whats your opinion?

I tested my friends pool today. It is an ag 24x52

FC was 13
    CC was .4
    TA was 120
    pH was 7.8
    CYA was showing 100 so I done diluted and got to the 100 mark again so 200?

Heres their problem. The water is dingy, teal looking. And on the ladders you can tell it looks greeny. You can see the bottom barely but the water is really cloudy. I am thinking chlorine lock from the cya because theie pH and TA isn't bAd. I know the TA is on the upper extreme but can it cause the water problems described? Opinions?
    24k gal. In-ground, vinyl. 2005 build
    Hayward Pro-Series S244T sand filter system
    Hayward motor & pump (rpm 3450,model SP2607X10)
    Polaris 280 w/booster pump.Taylor K-2006 test kit

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Test results. Whats your opinion?

There is almost definitely an algae bloom in progress, but with a CYA of 200+ it will require an FC of near 80 to SLAM, so that's not happening. A considerable water replacement is in your friend's future if they want to get it under control. There is no such thing as Chlorine Lock, it is the gremlin of pool management. The problem is called overstabilization. The TA is just fine and isn't factoring in to the cloudiness, and with an FC over 10 the pH test won't give an accurate reading.

Is your friend open to following the TFPC method? If not then you might be in for a considerable uphill battle if you take on the responsibility for another pool in addition to your own.
    JD - 28' Round Above Ground Pool, 17,000 Gallons. Dual speed Jacuzzi pump with cartridge filter. Dual speed 1 HP pump, Hayward S210T sand filter
    Pool School - PoolMath - HIGHLY Recommended Test Kits

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by Donldson View Post
    There is almost definitely an algae bloom in progress, but with a CYA of 200+ it will require an FC of near 80 to SLAM, so that's not happening. A considerable water replacement is in your friend's future if they want to get it under control. There is no such thing as Chlorine Lock, it is the gremlin of pool management. The problem is called overstabilization. The TA is just fine and isn't factoring in to the cloudiness, and with an FC over 10 the pH test won't give an accurate reading.

Is your friend open to following the TFPC method? If not then you might be in for a considerable uphill battle if you take on the responsibility for another pool in addition to your own.
    I advised them if it was me I would do at least a 50 percent change to start out. They said they would! I thought algae. Just wanted to see what you guys thought. I'm sure after a couple more days it will be completely apparent that's what it is.

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

If you can get them on the forum we would welcome them with open arms. It would make things easier on you so you don't have to relay, and also work on your separate (but similar) pool problems together at the same time. Soon you will both have the best looking pools you have ever seen, and if that doesn't prove the effectiveness of TFPC I don't know what will
    JD - 28' Round Above Ground Pool, 17,000 Gallons. Dual speed Jacuzzi pump with cartridge filter. Dual speed 1 HP pump, Hayward S210T sand filter
    Pool School - PoolMath - HIGHLY Recommended Test Kits

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by Donldson View Post
    If you can get them on the forum we would welcome them with open arms. It would make things easier on you so you don't have to relay, and also work on your separate (but similar) pool problems together at the same time. Soon you will both have the best looking pools you have ever seen, and if that doesn't prove the effectiveness of TFPC I don't know what will
    I still am scratching my head on their pool gallons. Every calculator I use gives me diff. gallons! PoolMath says 17600. Seems a lot to me??? 24x52 ag

6. Back To Top    #6

24'x4' deep is 13,500 gallons.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach