Leslie's FC test

You will not find a pool store that recognizes the FC/CYA ratio. There are several possible reasons for this, it could be innocent lack of knowledge and following obsolete federal guidelines. It could also be a bit less innocent and that recognizing the FC/CYA ratio would mean selling less trichlor, algaecide, and phosphate remover. I personal believe the latter is more likely.

This is one reason we recommend against getting water tested there, they will try to convince you that you are doing things wrong and try selling you products you do not need. Their testing is also suspect at best and some of us (me) won't even offer advice based on pool store testing. Might as well use a random number generator IMO.

I went into leslies yesterday just to confirm they did not have liquid chlorine bleach here in OK...

The lady sitting there asking why the 500 dollars of chemicals she bought last week did not clear her green pool, they convinced her she had done it wrong and got her to buy another 300 dollars worth of ****... I waited about 5 minutes for her to come out to let her know but she was still being pool stored..

:confused: :(

I went into leslies yesterday just to confirm they did not have liquid chlorine bleach here in OK...

The lady sitting there asking why the 500 dollars of chemicals she bought last week did not clear her green pool, they convinced her she had done it wrong and got her to buy another 300 dollars worth of ****... I waited about 5 minutes for her to come out to let her know but she was still being pool stored..

Did you tell her about this website?

$800 and still keeping her head in the sand. Shame shame. I'd be filling the pool in with a shovel if I spent $800 at the pool store.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just curious does anyone know why when Leslie's tests water they suggest only 1-4 ppm for free chlorine? Is there a reason they don't take cya into account? This seemed like it was built into their system printouts also not just what the employee suggested.

It's my understanding that pool store recommendations are based on the epa regulations of 1-3 ppm FC in drinking water. No idea why they still don't take CYA into account.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.