I hate you CYA!

Well, my FC seems to be doing pretty good so far with the higher CYA. I lost .4 overnight and CC stayed at 0 until a storm. It was .2 this morning. I just really need to figure out the closest estimate on my gallons. My pH is 7.2 so I think I will try to get a better feel for my gallons by adjusting it up and seeing how it reacts to 20,000 gallons and go up on my gallons from there.

I would leave PH alone. It will rise on its own. What is your current TA?

I just went and done a re-check on FC and pH.

FC was 10.4
pH was 7.8

This morning FC was 10 and pH 7.2 at 9:30 (about 6 hrs ago here)

Either I have more gallons than I think or my FC is having to work because of the storm (lotta stuff blew in). Hope it isn't algae!
This morning I figured 22,000 gallons. My start FC was 10. So after 63 ozs. it only rose .4. Hmmm

- - - Updated - - -

FC was 10.4
pH was 7.8

Either I have more gallons than I think or my FC is having to work because of the storm (lotta stuff blew in). Hope it isn't algae!
This morning I figured 22,000 gallons. My start FC was 10. So after 63 ozs. it only rose .4. Hmmm

I figure the pH went up with the FC over 10 maybe?

- - - Updated - - -

FC was 10.4
pH was 7.8

I figure the pH went up with the FC over 10 maybe?

smelling Chlorine

I was not in my pool but working around it checking skimmers and messing with the Polaris. I can now smell bleach smell on my hands but my CC was .2 earlier. Can someone help me out? FC was 10.4. I have a cya of 90-100

Topics Merged, please keep same and simlar related questions in one place.

Mod Patrick B

Re: smelling Chlorine

As chlorine reacts to stuff on your hands, dead skin cells, oils, combined chloromines are formed, giving off a "chlorine" smell on your hands (and whatever other body parts you put in the pool).

Is it something you've not noticed before?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I went through the high 200+ CYA issue last year. I drained the pool to the lowest point which I felt was safe on the liner, then diluted it from there. I had two hoses siphoning out of the pool, measured the flow rate, then had a hose refilling it with city water which I adjusted to the same rate. After a day of that or so I refilled back to the proper level. This is more efficient in terms of water usage than partially dumping and refilling over and over.

I went through the high 200+ CYA issue last year. I drained the pool to the lowest point which I felt was safe on the liner, then diluted it from there. I had two hoses siphoning out of the pool, measured the flow rate, then had a hose refilling it with city water which I adjusted to the same rate. After a day of that or so I refilled back to the proper level. This is more efficient in terms of water usage than partially dumping and refilling over and over.

I drained with my main drain. It didn't take long at all and then refilled, which took forever with two garden hoses. Seems like everyone drains via hoses. Kinda made me nervous to use my main drain, but one of the members reassured me that it was not difference to the pump whether it was on filter or on waste. I just made sure that the skimmers were off via turning the valve. I got my CYA down to 90-100 as far as I can tell. We haven't exactly had sunny weather here lately. We are getting all of Texas' rain at the moment

I drained with my main drain. It didn't take long at all and then refilled, which took forever with two garden hoses. Seems like everyone drains via hoses. Kinda made me nervous to use my main drain, but one of the members reassured me that it was not difference to the pump whether it was on filter or on waste. I just made sure that the skimmers were off via turning the valve. I got my CYA down to 90-100 as far as I can tell. We haven't exactly had sunny weather here lately. We are getting all of Texas' rain at the moment
Then grab as much of that rain as you can! It's free!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.