Green and Cloudy

Hang in there Jedc43, I'm also new at this SLam process. I have had my inground for 16 years and EVERY spring it looks like a swamp, the bottom is covered with junk. But less than a week with the proper test kit and the great advice I'm almost done. Keep the FC at shock levels and no matter how discouraged you get, you are getting the right advice. Once you see it work ,THEN you will become a believer just like me ! Patience, patience, patience !:)

View attachment 36945
7PM FC at 15... added 120 0z bleach.... looking better today, finally a change

Your winning the battle! Keep going and remember POP (pool owner patience)

I wanted to add....

I know your frustrated with the expense but hang in there. I opened on 3/23 and I have spent around $25.00 on bleach so far this year and the cost of three pucks. That is it! I had a couple of rounds of equipment issues after opening and had to add major water twice so my CYA dropped. Other than that I have had to add nothing else and right now I am only running my pump six hours a day.

The expense will drop quite a bit after your are done.

View attachment 37019 5/26/15 FC=14 CC=.5 TA=80 PH= 7.4.... Appearance= Friggin awesome.... If it passes the overnite test, Im done slamin

Great job ! I was going to add, the last bit of cloudiness can be frustrating, it can take a day or two to get crystal clear (at least in my case) but just keep SLamming till you pass ALL 3, I was tempted to quit early, but Azgirl71 urged me to stay the course till all 3 conditions were met and she was right ! All we need now is warmer water and your off and swimming

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Great job ! I was going to add, the last bit of cloudiness can be frustrating, it can take a day or two to get crystal clear (at least in my case) but just keep SLamming till you pass ALL 3, I was tempted to quit early, but Azgirl71 urged me to stay the course till all 3 conditions were met and she was right ! All we need now is warmer water and your off and swimming
Ya its been mid 80's round these parts for the last 3 days.... pool temp is 69...good enough for my kid, he is in already in it...chlorine is still bit high but he has waited long enough

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.