Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Keeping FC levels up

1. Back To Top    #1

Keeping FC levels up

Quick question for the experts. Will I have to add bleach while using a SWG or will it produce enough to keep levels up?
    Water Temp: 88
    Sun on pool most of the day
    Built March 2015 13000 gallon free form exposed aggregate with sheer descent, Jandy 2HP VSP, Jandy 1400 SWG with Aqualink PDA and AquaCal electrical heater. Pentair Clean and Clear filter 150SF. TF100 test kit. Pentair Kreepy Krualy Great White.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Keeping FC levels up

you shouldnt have to add any. you have pretty much the same setup as me. maybe just toss some in before or after a big party. don't use the boost feature, just toss in some bleach and take it easy on your cell. just set the % so it maintains whatever level you need at whatever amount of time you choose. im at 40% for 8 hours - but you may need more or less. just gotta make sure its set for enough time to make what you need.
    12000g pool + 1000g spa. Jandy 2.0hp epump + separate Jandy pump for Sheer Descent. Jandy CV Cartridge Filter. Jandy Lxi gas heater. Tropical Breeze PebbleTec. Aqualink. Aquapure SWG. Nature 2. The Pool Cleaner 2x. Taylor K-2005.

3. Back To Top    #3

you DO want to test chlorine - i do every other day to make sure its working properly. your pool is warmer and gets more sun than mine but we have almost the exact same equipment and size of pool.
    12000g pool + 1000g spa. Jandy 2.0hp epump + separate Jandy pump for Sheer Descent. Jandy CV Cartridge Filter. Jandy Lxi gas heater. Tropical Breeze PebbleTec. Aqualink. Aquapure SWG. Nature 2. The Pool Cleaner 2x. Taylor K-2005.

4. Back To Top    #4

Yeah, our setup is close. Thanks for the info, I will change the pump run time and adjust accordingly.

5. Back To Top    #5

Please add your pool details to your signature as described HERE as it will help us help you.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

6. Back To Top    #6

Sorry. I have the signature setup when posting from a desktop. Doesn't seem to show it from my iPhone.

- - - Updated - - -

Doing a reply from full website version. Looks like it's allowing the signature and will post from now own on this version.