Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: NEW pool in 2 weeks

1. Back To Top    #1

phoenix, az

NEW pool in 2 weeks

I'm building a new pool here phx. I have 425spa that I changed over to the bbb method. 6 weeks ago I added borax and it has eliminated the constant need for acid. In six weeks I have not added any acid vs weekly before. My question is can I borax to a brand new pool? it will be completed in 2 weeks.
    pool finished 6/17/2015 10000 ig plaster, Pentair 3hp pump, 420 cart filter, in floor cleaning, phoenix, az

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry
    Sebring, Florida

Re: NEW pool in 2 weeks

My question is can I borax to a brand new pool?
    Within reason. In pool chemistry, borax is used to raise pH and TA so you can't toss in any old will have to carefully test your pool water first and dose appropriately.

If you want to add borates (not borax) there is an article in Pool School that will be helpful.
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3
    Mod Squad
    DFW, TX

Re: NEW pool in 2 weeks

TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach