Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New IG pool owner in Maryland

1. Back To Top    #1

New IG pool owner in Maryland

HAPPY DAY ALL!

I am new to TFP and have already learned a lot in the few threads I peeked in on. This site has gotten me very excited. I have never owned a pool before Nov 2014 but I do now! I have been using a PB (pool boy...i think). The previous owners of the house were nice enough to winterize it for me, but when we opened the pool last month they did things terribly wrong. Much to the PB's surprise the pool was in pretty good shape. We opened it on April 24th. Since then I have (well the PB) replaced 2 of the cartridges in the DE filter, replaced the O ring and the top of the filter (the piece that holds the cartridges in place), and changed some of the pipes from the skimmer pump. The PB comes every other week, so I can save $$$ and learn how to maintain the pool with some help.

I attached some pics of my new baby. she is 24gal, concrete (maybe plaster), DE Filter, and a polaris booster pump (there are two pumps, one for the pool and one for the skimmer)

We have gone swimming in it a few times, however the water temperature did not let us stay in there as long as we wanted. I am at the bottom of a huge learning curve and I am grateful for these types of forums to help a novice like myself out. I am still working on my signature, pool lingo is still a foreign language...lol.

Can't wait to chat more
    T.LaRue
    Attached Images Attached Images
    24KIG; Plaster; DE filter; still learning. 1st time owning a pool. my first summer

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New IG pool owner in Maryland

Welcome, Beautiful pool!
    Lomart 18x48 AGP 7000Gal
    Hayward S210T w/Hayward 1hp Power-Flo Matrix Pump 2-Speed
    TF-100 w/Speedstir!

3. Back To Top    #3

Thank you very much!
    24KIG; Plaster; DE filter; still learning. 1st time owning a pool. my first summer

4. Back To Top    #4

Welcome to the forum

Congratulations, you have landed on the best pool site on the net!

There are many able and willing folks here to help you with all your pool questions

btw, do you know Lash?
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

5. Back To Top    #5

Welcome, welcome.....If you haven't already first order of business is to get yourself one of the recommended test kits, take charge of your pool and say goodbye to the PB.....you can't manage your pool on a every other week basis!
    Montgomery, AL
    27000 16 x 36 IG, Vinyl, Grecian, Hayward Sand filter, 1 HP Pentair whisperflo motor, Aqua Genie filter not by choice, no extra jets, Dolphin s300i robotic cleaner,Taylor K 2006 test kit, speed-stir which I couldn't live without!

6. Back To Top    #6

Welcome to TFP! Echoing the importance of getting one of the Recommended Test Kits
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.

7. Back To Top    #7

Welcome to TFP
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter