Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Finally got my TF F100 Kit

1. Back To Top    #1
    Orlando, Florida

Finally got my TF F100 Kit

Finally got My TF 100 kit

I am using 10.5% liquid Chlorine since my Salt system stop working.
    My first reading is:

FC 3.5
    TA 210
    PH 8.2
    CH 425
    CYA 90

Thank you in advance for any input.

15,000 gal
    Marquis Quartz Plaster Finish
    Hayward C 4025 cartridge Filter
    Hayward Super pump II 2.5 HP
    Hayward 250,000 BTU Propane heater
    AQL PS4 controls

15k Gal. ig Pool & Spa quartz plaster, Hayward super pump II 2.5 HP, Hayward 425 sf. cartridge filter,
    PS-4 Goldline automation, SWG(not working) using liquid chlorine now, Hayward 250k BTU propane spa heater.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Savannah GA

Re: Finally got my TF F100 Kit

TA And ph need to come done and you need FC in there asap.

- - - Updated - - -

At cya 90 your maintenance target if 10 ppm fc
    Inground 13,200 gal Vinyl, Pentair 3/4 hp pump, Pentair Sand Dollar filter, Polaris 280

Pool School, Pool Math, CYA to FC ratio chart, Testing Kits

3. Back To Top    #3
    West Hills, CA

yeah, without the salt cell running, you have to jack the FC up to regular pool levels. you're too low even for a SWG pool anyway - if it were operational you could probably do a FC of 7. get that ph down for sure.
    12000g pool + 1000g spa. Jandy 2.0hp epump + separate Jandy pump for Sheer Descent. Jandy CV Cartridge Filter. Jandy Lxi gas heater. Tropical Breeze PebbleTec. Aqualink. Aquapure SWG. Nature 2. The Pool Cleaner 2x. Taylor K-2005.

4. Back To Top    #4
    South-Central Texas, Marion/San Antonio

Probably goes without saying ... but with the CYA at 90, make sure you do not add any sanitizer other than liquid chlorine (bleach)/liquid shock to your pool. You don't want that CYA figure to increase. Good to see you're using your TF-100!
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

5. Back To Top    #5
    Mod Squad
    DFW, TX

Welcome to TFP and congrats on the test kit!

Your chlorine is probably low. Chlorine needs to be maintained above the minimum level for your CYA level at all times or algae can start to grow. Chlorine CYA Chart

Welcome to TFP!

Here are some intro Pool School articles to read while you wait for your test kit
    TFPC for Beginners
    ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry

Here are the Recommended Levels for your pool.
    Here are the Recommended Pool Chemicals to maintain your pool and how to add them.
    Use PoolMath to figure out how much to add.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach