Converting to saltwater questions

TA is ok for now, it will probably drift down on its own. If you want to lower it here is how, Lowering Total Alkalinity.

Did you run your pump 24hr to help dissolve the salt? Brush it around when you added? If not then it could take a little longer. Level will not lower after 24hr only rise.

TA is ok for now, it will probably drift down on its own. If you want to lower it here is how, Lowering Total Alkalinity.

Did you run your pump 24hr to help dissolve the salt? Brush it around when you added? If not then it could take a little longer. Level will not lower after 24hr only rise.

I brushed the salt and the pump was running for 6 hours and at the moment there is no trace of undissolved salt in the pool.

I am going to be out of the town for the weekend but when back will test again

so after today's test of the water I got this results:

SALT - 3700 /the cell shows 3900/
FAC - 5 /the cell is at 40%/
TAC - 5
CH - 300
CYA - 65
TA - 110
PH - 7.6
COPPER - 0
IRON - 0
TDS - 1500
PHO - 200

It look like I am within the specs according to this link: Pool School - Water Balance for SWGs

Do I have to take care for anything or it is balanced?

What should I do from now on in order to keep it trouble free?

Thanks

What test kit are you using?

No need to test phosphates or tds. If you aren't using well water no real need to measure iron and copper.

If you have a lot of PH rise you might want to lower your TA some over time, but it might lower on its own. Pool School - Lower Total Alkalinity

Test chlorine and PH every day or two, TA and CH weekly and CYA every few weeks.

Most important thing is to never let your chlorine level drop below the minimum level for your CYA level or algae will start to grow. Chlorine CYA Chart use bleach to supplement as needed.
Next most important is to keep ph between 7.2 and 7.8.

I have TF-100 kit. Just ordered replacement reagent since I am not sure mine are still good.

The results with iron and copper are made at pool supply store and confirmed with my kit.

I also ordered from tftest salt water test so I can monitor the salt level since the cell gives me wide range results.

I will continue to test and monitor the water.

Thank you

This is my first year with salt. Since I'm not 100% confident in my pool's volume, I was conservative and added the salt in three stages. All three times, I noticed that the salt reading on both the SWG and my drop test kit said that I'd added more than I expected, then the level came *down* after dissolving for the whole 24 hours. I haven't read anyone else saying this here, but it was my experience.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.