Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wet Edge Cost

1. Back To Top    #1

Wet Edge Cost

Our pb uses the Wet Edge finish. We can choose from any pearl matrix or satin matrix and 3 prism matrix colors. My question is are there different prices within the prism matrix group ? The 3 prism colors we are allowed are 1. Blue Lagoon 2. Morning Lights 3. Southern Lights. Would really like Prism Kaleidoscope.
    Houston,TX, IG 15120 gal, gunite, 22' x 36',wet edge finish, Pentair equip, 420 cartridge filter, vs pump, Intelliflo vs booster pump for water features, 400,000 heater, auto fill ,PCC 2000 in floor cleaning ,2 LED lights,travertine coping, paver decking, 9x12 tanning shelf ,1 LED color bubbler, 2 5' benches w jets. Depth 4- 4 1/2- 5 , wall with 3 24" sheer decent , 2 spray heads, Intellitouch Controller.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Wet Edge Cost

I wouldn't be surprised but that's a question for the PB. One thing you can count on though, is that with any brand/type, a darker Blue or dark Blue finish will be a lot higher than all other colors.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

The Pebble Tec company will tell you which colors are upgrades within each line. But they won't tell you the costs or differences in costs for the builder. Like our shopping stores, Pebble has their wholesale price, and then the PB sets his price to his customer. It's up to the PB how much profit he clears. Take care! Suz.
    Suz~Cypress area~ 2015 pool build. 23K gallons. IG swcg system. 35'x18'; 573sf; 104' perim; depth 4'-7'. Bubblers, sheer descents, 7' spa. Jandy: color LEDs; 2HP 2sp pump; 1HP 2sp pump; spa pump; 580 cartridge; 400K BTU; Dolphin M500; PS8; Inline chlorinator not used; Aqua Pure 1400. Blue Granite Sheen. Travertine deck. Lightstreams Peacock Blue TF-100, K-1766, SpeedStir

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by magicruiser View Post
    Our pb uses the Wet Edge finish. We can choose from any pearl matrix or satin matrix and 3 prism matrix colors. My question is are there different prices within the prism matrix group ? The 3 prism colors we are allowed are 1. Blue Lagoon 2. Morning Lights 3. Southern Lights. Would really like Prism Kaleidoscope.
    Did you ever get pricing? I'm curious as I'm considering upgrading from satin matrix to Prism Eclipse or Deep Sea Blue.
    2015 Pool Build --> HERE IG 19'x47' w/ 7'x7' in pool spa; 3'6"-8' deep.
    Pentair 520 Filter, IntelliFlow VS XF Pump, IntelliChlor IC60 SWG, IntelliBrite/GloBrite LEDs, IntelliTouch w/Screenlogic2. 400K BTU heater. A&A G4V in-floor cleaning system. WetEdge Prism Matrix Pebble finish. TechoBloc Pavers and Coping.
    Test kits - Taylor K-2006 FAS/DPD, K-1766 Salt, SpeedStir

5. Back To Top    #5

It actually isn't the darker colors that cost more inasmuch as it is where the pebbles are mined. The pebbles coming from New Zealand tend to cost more than other locations. Each color has their mix of what goes in them and that determines their price.

I suspect you can locate a local Wet Edge dealer (there are 2 in Houston - Pool Works and someone else). They should be able to send you the color / price level document. It won't have prices, but you will be able to navigate all of the colors more easily. I can tell you the shells (shimmering upgrade) is about $385 on top of whatever color you choose.

I hope this helps!
    New DIY IG pool in Houston, Texas. 4/30 dig to 6/11 fill. 20' x 42.5' free form pool/raised spa with the following equipment: 3hp Intelliflow pump shared between pool/spa, 120gpm Pentair Waterfall pump, 6' sheer decent, 2 bubblers, 2 large color LEDs in the pool/1 small in the spa, Easytouch 8 with ScreenLogic2, Stenner Pump, auto fill, a 2HP silencer pump for the spa, 850 sq. ft Sundeck, Dolphin Supreme M500 and a TF100+mixer

6. Back To Top    #6

Magic, I'm not sure if you have another thread or have already signed a contract. If not, and I apologize for offering unsolicited advice on this topic, I have some questions about the build in your signature... The idea is meant to help save you money and/or to make sure you know what you are getting:

- Have you asked about the larger filter? It shouldn't cause any problems going to the 520 and it should help you go longer between cleanings.
    - Are you going to service your pool according to the methods suggested on this site? If so, the ozone and chlorinate likely aren't needed.
    - In floor cleaning... Do you have lots of trees? If so, what kind? Cleaning systems add a ton of cost and in my opinion are just another thing to break. If you have trees that drop loads of sinking leaves, this may still be a good investment. If you are like me and have pine trees (needles float), then the system isn't that effective. I swim at one of the nicest indoor pools in Houston. It has in floor cleaning. Considering that I am doing lap after lap, I tend to look at the floor a bit. I have to say that I see far too much on the ground for me to care for if I paid for the system. In addition, they seem to leave a path like a sprinkler system does on a wooden fence. I'd sink my money into a really good robot and if you really want more - an automated skimmer robot.
    - Last thing... If you are getting ScreenLogic2, do you really want a $500 remote? Every smart phone you have can operate your pool.

Ok. That's it. Although it just dawned on me that you could be building an indoor pool. If so, you can discount much of what I have said.

I had to ask the questions... Just trying to help.
    New DIY IG pool in Houston, Texas. 4/30 dig to 6/11 fill. 20' x 42.5' free form pool/raised spa with the following equipment: 3hp Intelliflow pump shared between pool/spa, 120gpm Pentair Waterfall pump, 6' sheer decent, 2 bubblers, 2 large color LEDs in the pool/1 small in the spa, Easytouch 8 with ScreenLogic2, Stenner Pump, auto fill, a 2HP silencer pump for the spa, 850 sq. ft Sundeck, Dolphin Supreme M500 and a TF100+mixer

7. Back To Top    #7

TW, thanks so much for your suggestions ! We no longer have the ozone. As for the Paramount Infloor cleaner, we really debated this ! We live in Sienna Plantation and have several trees, none are pine. We travel quite a bit and like that the cleaner can do its thing while we're away. Also we are in our upper 60's and my husband has health issues and don't want to lift the robot out of the water. But don't misunderstand me, I really appreciate everyone's advice ! I have learned so much on this forum! So much more to learn, it's our 1st pool ! Now if it would stop raining so they can get started !
    Houston,TX, IG 15120 gal, gunite, 22' x 36',wet edge finish, Pentair equip, 420 cartridge filter, vs pump, Intelliflo vs booster pump for water features, 400,000 heater, auto fill ,PCC 2000 in floor cleaning ,2 LED lights,travertine coping, paver decking, 9x12 tanning shelf ,1 LED color bubbler, 2 5' benches w jets. Depth 4- 4 1/2- 5 , wall with 3 24" sheer decent , 2 spray heads, Intellitouch Controller.

8. Back To Top    #8

Sounds great magic! I don't want to talk you out of anything, just wanting to make sure you understand what you are buying. I'm guessing since you are retired and are spending time on this site - you'll end up wanting to take care of the pool yourself (it's hard to get your chemicals just right when they are only being serviced 1x per week). If so, consider something that will help you control your chlorine levels - like a Stenner pump or the much more expensive Pentair liquid chlorinator. Something to think about as you research. Lots of details on Stenner pumps on here if you search them. Keep in mind that you'll need to load it up with liquid chlorine or bleach once a month or so.

9. Back To Top    #9

Thanks once again, TW, for the advice. Will read up ,then check with our builder. Since you're from this area, have you had problems with snakes ? Someone mentioned this in another thread which almost made me want to cancel our contract ! We recently moved to Texas and I have a huge fear of snakes. We live in Sienna, no woods or creeks nearby. We even have someone come out regularly to set our rat traps and put down snake repellant . Please advise me before they excavate.

10. Back To Top    #10

I'm not sure exactly how to answer your question. I've live in The Woodlands since 2007 and had never seen a snake. I saw a small one at the community pool last year during my daughters swim practice and my wife has heard about them plenty on Facebook. Then... The day we were going to shoot our gunite I found 2 together in my back yard. Freaked me out! They were copperheads... "poisonous". (Although, I've heard treatment is Benedril, a pain killer and an antibiotic.) I have a pic of 1 in my build thread.

Now, before you freak out... We have a creek behind our back fence with a pretty good sized green belt. These snakes wanted no part of me, but I whacked them anyway. I'm guessing I'll not see any again, but you can't live your life in fear. You are far more likely to have serious problems with fire ants than a snake. The ones in Houston are also not so poisonous and even the ones that are don't want to waste it on a human because they can't eat you and need it to catch their meals.

I'd suggest if you live in an area with houses on all sides of you, you have absolutely nothing to worry about. And, if you are like me, you still probably have nothing to worry about. So enjoy the pool, because life is too short to worry about snakes. (They get a way worse wrap than they deserve.)

11. Back To Top    #11

Just got an upgrade price from my PB. They stated upgrade from satin matrix to Prism Matrix was $4K! Seems expensive to me, curious what info you received.
    Pentair 520 Filter, IntelliFlow VS XF Pump, IntelliChlor IC60 SWG, IntelliBrite/GloBrite LEDs, IntelliTouch w/Screenlogic2. 400K BTU heater. A&A G4V in-floor cleaning system. WetEdge Prism Matrix Pebble finish. TechoBloc Pavers and Coping.

12. Back To Top    #12

Thanks TW for your honesty and reassurance ! With 7 Grandchildren in Texas, we will be building the pool. Can't disappoint them ��.
    Spool, that seems high to me. From what I've seen, 2k is more like the upgrade cost from Satin/ Pearl to Prism. It also depends on the color. The darker colors seem to cost more. We are thrilled our pb uses Wet Edge ! It's a great product !
    We're still debating between New Zealand Tropical or Irish Cream. We like the aquamarine color.

13. Back To Top    #13

I am building my own pool, so I am not dealing with markup. Here is one of my pebble quotes. This one is for Wet Edge products on my 22,000 gallon pool.

POOL ESTIMATE

Clean & plaster - Standard White
    $ 3,704
    Clean & plaster - Altima White
    $ 4,495
    Clean & plaster - Luna Quartz 1
    $ 5,768
    Clean & plaster - Pebble 1
    $ 7,102
    Clean & plaster - Pebble 2
    $ 7,564
    Clean & plaster - Pebble 3
    $ 8,371
    Clean & plaster - Pebble 4
    $ 9,122
    Clean & plaster - Pebble 5
    $ 9,872
    Clean & plaster - Primera Stone 1
    $ 8,178
    Clean & plaster - Primera Stone 2
    $ 9,026
    Clean & plaster - Primera Stone 3
    $ 9,875
    - includes fittings, eyeballs, main drains, & Start-up Tec

· Homeowner responsible for start up of pool

Abalone Shell to pool (if wanted) ….add
    $ 350

Altima from WetEdge Technologies
    Category 1
    White & Blue
    Category 2
    French Gray
    Category 3
    Pacific

Luna Quartz from WetEdge Technologies
    Category 1
    Aruba, Belize, Bermuda, Key West, Madagascar, Martinique, Montego, Pacific, Polar White
    Category 2
    Barbados, St. Maarteen

Pebble – Pearl Matrix from WetEdge Technologies
    Category 1
    White Pearl, Chilean Beach Caribbean, Chilean Beach Tahoe, Chilean Beach Gold,
    Chilean Beach Plum, Aqua Pearl
    Category 2
    Dove Gray, Soft White, Jet Black, Black Magic
    Category 3
    New Zealand Blue, New Zealand Tropical, Mediterranean, Midnight Ocean

Pebble – Satin Matrix from WetEdge Technologies
    Category 1
    Aqua Blue, Cool Blue, Champagne White, Northshore Caribbean, Northshore Tahoe, Northshore Gold, Northshore Plum, Supreme White
    Category 2
    Black Velvet, Irish Crème, Jet Black, Polar White, Smokey Grey, White Diamonds
    Category 3
    Antigua, Midnight Sea, Tahitian Blue, Tahitian Tropical

Pebble – Prism Matrix from WetEdge Technologies
    Category 2
    Constellation, Twilight
    Category 3
    Blue Lagoon, Moonlight, Southern Lights
    Category 4
    Morning Light, Night Sky, Polar Star
    Category 5
    Deep Sea Blue, Eclipse, Glossy Black, Indigo Blue, Kaleidoscope

Primera Stone from WetEdge Technologies
    Category 1
    Ivory Mist
    Category 2
    Crystal Coast, Blue Pacific Coast, Caribbean Coast, Tahoe Coast, Black Kona, Midnight Breeze, Evergreen
    Category 3
    Azure Treasure, Black Diamond Treasure, Sky Blue Treasure

14. Back To Top    #14

Thanks TW Pool, thats extremely helpful.

Looks like the 2 colors my wife selected are in category 5 - figures... The $4K increase I was quoted does seem a bit high.

15. Back To Top    #15

Quote Originally Posted by spool View Post
    Thanks TW Pool, thats extremely helpful.

Looks like the 2 colors my wife selected are in category 5 - figures... The $4K increase I was quoted does seem a bit high.
    We were quoted a $3,800 up charge to switch from Satin Matrix to Prism Matrix. We keep going back and forth between Satin Midnight Sea and Prism Glossy Black. Decisions decisions....

16. Back To Top    #16

Quote Originally Posted by Ckeane024 View Post
    We were quoted a $3,800 up charge to switch from Satin Matrix to Prism Matrix. We keep going back and forth between Satin Midnight Sea and Prism Glossy Black. Decisions decisions....
    You can't go wrong either way (as far as function and aesthetics). Once your pool is complete, the only person that will know you didn't upgrade to the Prism Matrix is you. The difference won't really be tangible.
    23' x 37' IG 18.5k gallon SWG w/ raised spa, Build Thread -->Here
    Wet Edge® Pearl Matrix®, Hayward® SwimClear™ 525 ft², Hayward® Goldline Controls® PS-8
    4x Hayward® TriStar™ pumps, Paramount PCC2000® ICS, TF-100 w/Speedstir

17. Back To Top    #17

What did you end up with? We are going with the Midnight Sea. Wife liked the Northshore Tahoe, but I just love the Midnight Sea for the Lagoon style look.

Quote Originally Posted by Ckeane024 View Post
    New construction, free form lagoon style, chrlorine, in-ground pool. 8' deep, waterfall, 18" raised decking on deep side, splashpad with bubblers, & spa.

18. Back To Top    #18

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.texan View Post
    What did you end up with? We are going with the Midnight Sea. Wife liked the Northshore Tahoe, but I just love the Midnight Sea for the Lagoon style look.
    Look at Spool's finish! It is one of the most beautiful I have seen. His pool build thread is linked in his signature.
    Pool is done! Only took 17 months! - Natural shape in-ground pool: 37x23, 505sq ft, 96ft perimeter, 7ft deep end, 18,950 gallons, tanning ledge, blue surf pebble sheen/luminous blue blend, Belgard coping, 910 sqft paver deck/walkways, retaining walls out the yinyang. Jandy SWG, 2 LED Color lights, VS 2HP Pump, 460sqft cartridge filter, PDA RS P8 controller. My build

19. Back To Top    #19

Friends,
    I am a new kid on the block and can't thank you enough for the education you have provided me over the past few weeks. I have been mentally building a pool for almost a year. I finally signed a contract in March and two days before my dig, asked them to terminate. Too many questions - not enough detail - ultimately lack of trust. I am getting close again, with a smaller PB...and hopefully I won't again be a runway bride. I have never built a pool and in large part feel like it is an extraordinary expense to justify, yet so many PBs come across confused as to why you just cannot throw down the money.

That all said, my topic of investigation the past several days has been around wet edge. I am pretty confident I want the Primera Stone. The local, well rated plaster company has identified 6, yes, 6 Primera categories. Does anyone have insight as to the price point of each of these categories. I thought I had all the answers from TW Pool's note above but then the bomb was dropped of 3 more categories. Anyone have any insight. In the spirit of sharing:

Primera Stone:
    Cat 1: Ivory Mist
    Cat 2: Crystal Coast, Evergreen, Midnight Breeze
    Cat 3: Black Kona, Blue Pacific, Caribbean Sky Blue, Riviera
    Cat 4: Tahoe, Grigio
    Cat 5: Azure, Sapphire
    Cat 6: Black Diamond

Prism:
    Cat 1: Twilight, Blue Lagoon, Southern Lights, Moonlight, Constellation
    Cat 2: Night Sky, Polar Star, Morning Light
    Cat 3: Eclipse, Kaleidoscope, Glossy Black, Deep Sea, Indigo

Luna Quartz:
    Cat 1: Oyster, Polar, Martinique
    Cat 2: Madagascar, Bermuda, Key West
    Cat 3: Aruba, Montego, Pacific,
    Cat 4: Barbados, St Maarten

Thank you!

20. Back To Top    #20

I am in the same boat. and here in McKinney too I wanted Primera Stone and now not sure because I can't find any pools to view with it and frankly don't trust that it will be done correctly. Now wondering if I should switch to Satin Matrix. Then found out the color I like in Satin Matrix is more expensive than the Cat 4 Primera Stone.
    17K gallon, 18x40, 107 perimeter, 550 sq ft gunite inground pool with raised spa. 3.5 ft. - 5.0 ft. - 4.0 ft depth. Pentair equipment. DE filter. English Walnut travertine paver decking, lueders limestone coping. Wet Edge Primera Stone Sapphire Treasure plaster.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast