Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Anything New I should try?

1. Back To Top    #1

Burlington, NC

Anything New I should try?

Started SLAMing on last Monday, 5/11. Have been diligent (at least 3 times a day) to keep FC at 12 with a CYA of 30. PH is at 7.4. Has gone from dark slimy green to light brownish green to light green to sea green to blueish but seems to have stopped "improving" in color and can still not see the bottom of shallow end. Pretty cloudy looking too and foamy. Started with probably 38 gallons of 12.5% liquid shock and am almost out. Brushing and trying to vacuum when I can get the hose to work.

Anything new I should be doing or is it right to "just keep at it?" Suggestions welcome and thanks.
    18,000 gallon IG vinyl
    Hayward S220T sand filter, replaced sand 2013
    Sta-Rite pump, 1HP?
    New liner, 5/12; pool built in 1981;

2. Back To Top    #2
    Longview, Texas

Re: Anything New I should try?

just keep at it.

It took a while to get to dark slimey green, and will take a while to get it back to sparkly blue.
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge. Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

3. Back To Top    #3
    Columbia, SC

Nope, keep it up. The more often you can test and adjust per day the better. Brush once a day to help stir things up and keep the pump going 24/7.
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon

4. Back To Top    #4
    Labelle, TX

Sounds like your on the right track. Is all the bulk of the organics out. When you vacuum, is it to filter or waste? What is the filter pressure doing?
    17500 gallon Doughboy AGP, Hayward DE filter, waiting for the 1.5hp DB pump to go out.
    Learn to take the advice here and be trouble free or use the pool store's advice. "You can't do both and get very far"

5. Back To Top    #5
    Northern Virginia

Foamy is strange. Can you post a full set of test results? Sometimes a full SLAM takes weeks. Is the pump/filter running 24/7? Backflushing only when needed?
    45'x12' 17k gal, IG plaster, Pool Pilot Nano+ SWG, 1/2hp Whisperflo pump, PAC-FAB TA-60D sand filter, Raypak 266 heater
    Pool School + Test Kit + Pool Math = Trouble Free Pool

6. Back To Top    #6
    SW Louisiana

Can you update with a current complete set of test results? note pH will likely read high due to the high FC
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~