Trying to get it right

Dan P

LifeTime Supporter
May 9, 2015
Miami, Fl
Hello all- I have been trying to set my percentage on the SWG so I don't have to keep raising and lowering it. All chem levels are ok, FC 4 and CYA 70. I have the SWG running at 40% for 20 hours and it might seem like a lot, I have sun on the pool for most of the day. At that rate I've calculated about 30 oz. of chlorine daily. The questions I have is that a daily acceptable amount of chlorine for my pool size and sun exposure? Also, I have noticed that sometimes my Jandy PDA does not recognize the SWG and I have to put the system into service mode and back to normal. Anyone else having same issues?

thanks.

You are always going to have to test and adjust a little. A week of cloudy days and your chlorine demand is going to drop with the FC rising. As the summer progresses you will need more chlorine per day and as fall approaches it will start going down. It won't be as drastic in Miami as places further north, but it's not a Showtime Rotisserie, you can't set it and forget it. OK, too much late nite TV for me....

I would also bump up the % and cut down on the hours you are running your system 20 hours a day seems excessive.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.