Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: WOW!

1. Back To Top    #1

River Falls, WI

As a new pool owner who was pretty overwhelmed with how to deal with a pool and chemicals I have to say this method rocks!

While I was testing this morning I was admiring just how amazingly clear my water was. It's unreal. I thought it was clear a couple of weeks ago when I first started the pool and adopting the advice outlined on this forum. Boy was I wrong! It keeps getting better and better. Now if only the weather would turn we could actually use it. 56 when I took my sample...

Here's a pic of a dive torpedo at the deep end of my pool 8'. One can almost still read the warning caveat printed on the side. If I had zoomed in with my phone I bet maybe I could read the label...

Torpedo Pic 8 feet.jpg

I'm so glad I found this site and all the helpful people here. I've learned and continue to learn every time I come here.
    ~19k Gal, IG Vinyl, Hayward SP2607X10 1hp pump, Hayward S200 Sand Filter, built in 70s, has 8 deep end with diving board, 1 skimmer, 1 return, 1 low hole, Polaris booster pump PB4-60, old Polaris robot not sure model, Rheem P-M266A-EN-C 266,000 BTU heater, solar cover, Taylor K-2006 test kit, Speedstir

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide
    Sierra Vista, Az

Re: WOW!

Love the picture! So happy your found TFP!
    Intex AG vinyl 15' x 48" 4,300 gallons due to skimmer install, Krystal Clear SF pump combo 2800 GPH, Krystal Clear SWG, Pool Blaster Max vacuum, Hayward thru the wall skimmer, TF 100 test kit with speed stir, K 1766 Taylor salt test, My SLAM Process

3. Back To Top    #3

Rogers, AR

I started this method when I bought my house last July. The bank had a new liner installed and we were close enough to closing that I took control from the start of the fill. From the start my water looked great, The pool company couldn't believe I knew nothing about pools. Over the next couple of months the water just kept evolving and getting better and by the end of the season even I was impressed with how a pool could look.
    16x32 IG rectangular 21,800k new vinyl liner 2014, Triton II TR 50 sand Filter, Pentair 3/4 hsp whisperflow pump, 3 returns, TF100 test kit w/speedstir.

4. Back To Top    #4
    San Dimas, CA (LA County)

Another pool snob

You're ruined, now. You'll hesitate to get into anyone else's pool, especially a public pool. And your kids will get that way, too.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

5. Back To Top    #5
    Charleston, WV

It's like the difference between sleeping in your own bed and a hotel with beds full of bed bugs..
    10k gallon 22' AG Vinyl, 2k got Cartridge Filter, Fresh water, BBB Method baby!

6. Back To Top    #6

Thanks for that image. I'm traveling, and at a hotel right now. They have an indoor pool (that I had no intention of using), but now I'll be afraid to go to bed.
    Tucson, AZ
    19k gallon Pebble Tec play pool/spa, Pentair Intelliflo VS (3 hp) 011018, Super II 2hp (for spa), Aqua Rite T-15 SWG, Pro Grid 60 DE filter, Hayward H400 & Heliocol Solar heating, A&A infloor system, fill water w/high CH and TA, 50 ppm borates,TF-100 test kit

7. Back To Top    #7

Long Island New York

Congratulations on having a great pool. Last year I was an algae infested angry pool owner and spent hundreds and hundreds of dollars on chemicals. Learned here that in less than 10 minutes a day my pool can be trouble free and fabulous. Everywhere I go I rate the water and none of them looks as good as my pool. Drink the Kool-Aid, this is the way to go!
    TF-100 Test Kit
    16 x 36 @26,000 Gallons Vinyl Inground Built in 2005
    Hayward Pro-Grid 4820 DE Filter
    Hayward HP-2100 Heat Pro Heat Pump
    Aquabot 4WD Cleaner

8. Back To Top    #8

Lost my cover 1/2 way through the winter!

But I know with what I've learned here, all will be well! Went from green swamp to blue but cloudy in a day! Be right before I know it!