Need advice about connecting new pump to DE filter [Above Ground]

May 20, 2015
Staten Island, NY
I recently moved into a house that had a Hayward EC-50 with a pump that had a side discharge connected by a union. See pic below:

filters-hayward-perflex-system[1].jpg

The issue i'm facing is that the pump burnt out on me. This the second year I'm going to run the pool. I didn't really investigate, I ended up purchasing a above ground pump the Hayward Pro-Lx 1.5hp pump. See pic below:

PowerFloLX[1].jpg

The issue I'm facing is, my old pump had a side discharge with a union that attached to the bottom of the pump. However the new pump has a center discharge that faces up.

My question/delimma is, what can I use or what kind of union can I get to connect the new pump to the old filter?

I believe the pump housing can be rotated on that model of pump, so that it will line up with the old pump outlet. Then you unscrew the short piece of pipe with union from the old pump and screw it into the new pump.

I believe the pump housing can be rotated on that model of pump, so that it will line up with the old pump outlet. Then you unscrew the short piece of pipe with union from the old pump and screw it into the new pump.

AWESOME! I just confirmed this on the site I ordered it on. Apparently someone else had the same issue and posted it on their FAQ. Looks simple enough as removing 4 bolts, turning and refastening. Thanks alot for your response, Jason.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.