Cloudy when brushing

The cloud is grayish. My test results are fairly all normal. Test results are from last night. FC - .6, CC - .6 (just cranked up my salt generator), pH - 7.5, CH - 300, TA 110 (just added baking soda last night and that is not the cloud I am seeing). NOTE - I posted this already and may be worth repeating. I opened a week ago. The pool is a brand new gunite/aggregate finish starting its second year. On opening day and after three hours of my Polaris 360 working, the collection back was full with a big fist sized collection of stuff that responders of the post think is calcium sulfate. The guy at my retail store says its calcium. I am still picking this stuff up a week later, but not nearly as much. Also, the corners in areas are white looking like frost. This is getting better, but still there.

That sounds like a cloud of dead algae. With chlorine that low you probably have an early stage algae bloom cooking there.

It is important to keep the FC above the minimum level at all times for your CYA level or algae is going to be at your pool party. Chlorine CYA Chart

Looks like it is time to SLAM Your Pool

Dubele,
we cannot help you if you dont also post the CYA level.
There is a scientific relationship between CYA and FC. If you dont maintian that relationship, then you are bound to be getting algae forever.
http://www.troublefreepool.com/content/128-chlorine-cya-chart-slam-shock

My guess, is that the gray cloud is algae, simply because your FC is 0.6. If it has been that way for any lenght of time, then you need to do an OCLT to determine if the cloud is actually algae or not. If you fail the OCLT, then you need to slam the pool.
http://www.troublefreepool.com/content/136-perform-the-overnight-fc-chlorine-loss-test-oclt

There are 3 things you need to have in order to be clear of algae
1. Clear Watger
2. CC of 1 drop or less to go clear
3. pass the OCLT.

Also,
it would be extremely useful if you would put your pool details in your signature. It will help the folks who are trying to help you out give better advice and not have to ask so many questions. Here is a link of what we ask for and how to do it.
http://www.troublefreepool.com/content/165-getting-started

The cloud is grayish. My test results are fairly all normal. Test results are from last night. FC - .6, CC - .6 (just cranked up my salt generator), pH - 7.5, CH - 300, TA 110 (just added baking soda last night and that is not the cloud I am seeing). NOTE - I posted this already and may be worth repeating. I opened a week ago. The pool is a brand new gunite/aggregate finish starting its second year. On opening day and after three hours of my Polaris 360 working, the collection back was full with a big fist sized collection of stuff that responders of the post think is calcium sulfate. The guy at my retail store says its calcium. I am still picking this stuff up a week later, but not nearly as much. Also, the corners in areas are white looking like frost. This is getting better, but still there.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.