Helping My Neighbor

Z7What

Mar 23, 2015
New Orleans Area
I live near the New Orleans area, my next door neighbor is originally from New Jersey. He and his wife found it very hard to adjust to the much hotter and humid weather here. To help with this he bought a Intex 15'X48" Metal Frame Pool last year. He always complained how the filter didn't flow much water. A few weeks ago I went and looked at the pump set up and I was shocked to see such a small filter, I was also shocked to see the liner/wall of the pool didn't really support the weight of the hose, the weight of the hose basically pulled at the port built into the liner and caused them to be facing upwards in the pool. Does that make since?

2 weeks ago he bought a Intex 2800GPM Sand Filter and we installed it. It flows ALOT more water which is great but being as the weight of the hose pulls at the "port" the discharge water almost breaks the surface of the water like a fountain.

What have yall done to support the hose for the suction and discharge where it enters the pool. Im sure hard piping it would be best but before I suggest that id like to see other ideas to offer to him as well.

He came by this past Saturday to look at my pool since I been using the TFPC Method, his jaw dropped. He couldn't believe how perfect it was. Once we get all the hardware setup with his, he will be switching to the TFPC Method!

Wayne

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.