How to pronounce pH

Nice to see a clip from one of the shows I grew up with.

On a somewhat related note, we have a friend that, for the longest time, would pronounce the Mexican beer Dos Equis, as "Dos Eskweeous". We had fun with that for a while (and still do on occasion) :)!

That's funny, and haven't seen that show in a while. "Trade Expression" :D

- - - Updated - - -

Nice to see a clip from one of the shows I grew up with.

On a somewhat related note, we have a friend that, for the longest time, would pronounce the Mexican beer Dos Equis, as "Dos Eskweeous". We had fun with that for a while (and still do on occasion) :)!

:laughblue:

In my circle, we would pound you without mercy on something like that. As time went by....It would be subtle, but it would cut deep. Unfortunately for you, it would never be forgotten. :mrgreen:

As good as that was, the all-time best was convincing another girl (back in '85) that September had 31 days starting that year - the corporate calendar of the company I was working for at the time had a typo showing the 31st day tacked on to September. Gave her this story about the Mother's March on Washington for all the kids born on Leap Year who were upset that their kids got to celebrate their birthday only once every four years. Since no one wanted another day of winter, Congress tacked on the extra day to September instead of February. To say she was not in a good mood is an understatement when she came into the office on Oct 2 (which she thought was Oct 1) stating that she got socked with a late fee on her rent when she went to pay it that morning.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.