Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: How to pronounce pH

1. Back To Top    #1

How to pronounce pH

16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: How to pronounce pH

Nice to see a clip from one of the shows I grew up with.

On a somewhat related note, we have a friend that, for the longest time, would pronounce the Mexican beer Dos Equis, as "Dos Eskweeous". We had fun with that for a while (and still do on occasion) !
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.

3. Back To Top    #3

That was pHunny.

So, is it power of Hydrogen or potential Hydrogen??? I like potential.

4. Back To Top    #4

That's funny, and haven't seen that show in a while. "Trade Expression"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BoDarville View Post
    Nice to see a clip from one of the shows I grew up with.

On a somewhat related note, we have a friend that, for the longest time, would pronounce the Mexican beer Dos Equis, as "Dos Eskweeous". We had fun with that for a while (and still do on occasion) !

In my circle, we would pound you without mercy on something like that. As time went by....It would be subtle, but it would cut deep. Unfortunately for you, it would never be forgotten.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

5. Back To Top    #5

Yep...we let her go on pronouncing it that way for a while just for the entertainment value. I know...we're bad! , but it generated lots of these...
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT

6. Back To Top    #6

The only thing I don't like about that, is that I wasn't there to enjoy it. Dang!
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:

7. Back To Top    #7

As good as that was, the all-time best was convincing another girl (back in '85) that September had 31 days starting that year - the corporate calendar of the company I was working for at the time had a typo showing the 31st day tacked on to September. Gave her this story about the Mother's March on Washington for all the kids born on Leap Year who were upset that their kids got to celebrate their birthday only once every four years. Since no one wanted another day of winter, Congress tacked on the extra day to September instead of February. To say she was not in a good mood is an understatement when she came into the office on Oct 2 (which she thought was Oct 1) stating that she got socked with a late fee on her rent when she went to pay it that morning.

8. Back To Top    #8

Oh, you are bad!! Wow...

That is hilarious.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:

9. Back To Top    #9

TFP Guide

I loved watching reruns of Green Acres!
    Lisa
    Intex AG vinyl 15' x 48" 4,300 gallons due to skimmer install, Krystal Clear SF pump combo 2800 GPH, Krystal Clear SWG, Pool Blaster Max vacuum, Hayward thru the wall skimmer, TF 100 test kit with speed stir, K 1766 Taylor salt test, My SLAM Process