Hayward SWG reading zero salt and not generating - could cell need replacing?

Prav

LifeTime Supporter
Nov 23, 2010
Miami, FL
Hello all...

Yes, back again. Replaced the pump as per my question last month (haven't updated sig, so ignore that!).

Now, got a problem with my 2-year old SWG. Have done the acid/water cleaning as often as the "check cell" light comes on. Now, that light is on steady, the "generating" light is off, and the system reads zero instant salt (low salt light is on). May be worth mentioning that the "No flow" light is off, so it seems to sense that water is moving along.

Naturally, by the time i noticed, green was creeping in. LC took care of that, but now need to get the SWG back on track.

I'm assuming the cell needs replacing (lasted all of two years). Should I take it to the PS to test? Or just replace and hope everything goes back to normal?

As far as replacement, should I stick with Hayward cell? Other acceptable options?

As always, thanks in advance.

Manny

Upon further reading, here's two numbers which are likely relevant:

Voltage = 30
Amps = 0.

So, it's done - now to replace!
Amazon? OEM? Seems like that was the recent consensus in another thread...

Has the cell been removed and cleaned. The sensors could be calcified. May need a acid clean. Refer to the manual. Testing the cell at a cell testing station will eliminate the cell being the problem.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.