Just opened do I need to power vac?

Jun 2, 2014
LI, NY
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
This is only the 2nd season I have a pool. Last year when we opened it the pool guy power vac'd. This year he wanted to charge us additional so we decided to do it ourselves. The water is now clear, we brushed away most of the alge from the walls and floor. Now it's just pooled on the floor. There is no other debris.

I just purchased a Polaris P955 robo cleaner. Is it ok to use this since it's pretty much just alge and maybe some sand/dirt?

I have the Polaris P935 from 2013 - Yes - You can drop it in and let it do its thing. I always hose mine down and pull out the collection basket and hose it off right away as well. It picks up ALOT - if it fits in the bottom of the vacuum, it makes it into the canister - even stones.

I LOVE the ease of the robo cleaner. I drop it in vertically allowing it to fill before I let go of the handle and then it sinks to the bottom … and I forget about it until its done ...

If you have live algae, no amount of vacuuming by anything will get rid of it.

Chlorine kills algae and keeps it from returning.

If you can post some test results, we can help you get your pool sparkling clear......with no algae.

No live algae, pool guy dumped 3 gallons of liquid shock Friday night and then we put powder shock Sunday night.

I need to go get a new test kit. The one we have is basic and I have no idea how to read it correctly. We flew by the seat of our pants last summer.

Pool guy said we shouldn't use the vac to filter (he forgot I said I got a robot) and that we should power vac. I figured it was just so he could get paid.

Is it ok to use this since it's pretty much just alge and maybe some sand/dirt?

we brushed away most of the alge from the walls and floor. Now it's just pooled on the floor.

No live algae, pool guy dumped 3 gallons of liquid shock Friday night and then we put powder shock Sunday night.

I'm a little confused by these sentences....Do you have visible algae in your pool?

For the record incase anyone else has the same question I did - I used the robot no problem. We just have to empty it a few times. It stopped climbing the walls once the basket was too filled.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.