Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Raypak RP2100 Cycling continuously: operational, PRS, SPK, operational......

1. Back To Top    #1

Raypak RP2100 Cycling continuously: operational, PRS, SPK, operational......

I have a Raypak heating problem. I turn the heater on and the unit goes into CFH, I hear the ignition, hear the flame for 30 seconds or so then a super quick PRS, SPK, and the process starts all over. The interval is not consistent, often times the operation does not last 30 seconds.

i did however pull the leads to the pressure switch and tie them together for troubleshooting purposes and this had no effect. So at this point I really don't know what to do.

Anyone?

Thanks

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Raypak RP2100 Cycling continuously: operational, PRS, SPK, operational......

Check the control board. Sounds like something is shorting it out. I have things like a dead lizard and even a small black snake get up inside there and short things out.
    Paul
    http://www.gastekservices.com A word of caution: When working with gas and electrical you might want to consider a licensed contractor. Consider the value of your life and others around you. If you would like to provide a review of the help I provided, please use the following link to leave a review. gastek - Google Search,

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

Re: Raypak RP2100 Cycling continuously: operational, PRS, SPK, operational......

are you sure you have the correct gas pressures? there hasn't been an addition of another gas equipment put on the gas line?
    16,000lts Fibreglass, Magna Mineral Pool Water
    Jandy CV340 Cartridge filter, Zodiac TRi SWC, Z4 iAqualink, Jandy Laminar Jets, Solar Heating, Spa Jets with Jandy 1.5hp Epump operating everything.

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

Quote Originally Posted by malcolmb5325 View Post
    are you sure you have the correct gas pressures? there hasn't been an addition of another gas equipment put on the gas line?
    Gas pressure wouldn't cause the unit to act this way.
    Paul
    http://www.gastekservices.com A word of caution: When working with gas and electrical you might want to consider a licensed contractor. Consider the value of your life and others around you. If you would like to provide a review of the help I provided, please use the following link to leave a review. gastek - Google Search,

5. Back To Top    #5

In the Industry

Quote Originally Posted by ps0303 View Post
    Gas pressure wouldn't cause the unit to act this way.
    Agreed. You may also want to follow the wires from the pressure switch back to the board and make sure they have not been eaten.
    Factory Warranty Station for:
    Jandy/Zodiac, Pentair, Sta-Rite, Raypak, Polaris,
    and Paramount pool cleaning systems.