autofill backflow prevention, below grade

Dec 30, 2013
SF, CA, USA
hi folks, i have a fill valve (not an anti-siphon one) in my design connecting the domestic hot water supply, which isheated on demand, to the hot tub loop. the equipment is mounted lower than the tub will be installed. i put a brass swing check valve at the hot water supply, and of course the municipal water supply is at higher pressure than the head creates, but i don't know if this enough prevention for a prudent setup. i don't need one of those complicated RPBP units, i hope. if anyone with experience can comment i'd appreciate it. my several pool books don't address this question, maybe because most installs don't have filler valves. thanks!

One of the more complex certified back flow preventer valves is recommended. Some areas require them, others don't, but they are always a good idea. "Need" depends on your local regulations and if not required, personal preferences.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.