Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Cant get rid of metal stain

1. Back To Top    #1

Cant get rid of metal stain

I have a bad iron/rust stain all the way around the liner of my above ground pool. It is 24'x52" so about 14000 gallons. I have put 3 bottles of metal magic let it run for 3 days with somewhat positive results. The bottom cleared up some but the sides were still bad so added 5 lb of vitamin C acid not really any effect un less u place on a sponge directly on the stain. What else do I do?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Cant get rid of metal stain

Did you follow the whole AA treatment process, lower PH, eliminate chlorine, etc?
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Yep I did.

- - - Updated - - -

ph was actually 6.8 or lower FC is 0

4. Back To Top    #4

this is the acid I put in. may not be right stuff I don't know. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

- - - Updated - - -

dang Ijust realized that is citric acid ugggg

5. Back To Top    #5

**** **** **** lol

6. Back To Top    #6

7. Back To Top    #7

ok will be Friday before I can get the absorbic acid here do I need to raise the ph some and turn SWG back on for a day?

8. Back To Top    #8

ok stain is gone but water is cloudy??

9. Back To Top    #9

Cloudy water for one to three days is fairly common right after stains are removed. It might be algae getting started, but more likely it is simply the sequestrant doing it's job.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School