My polaris is a stud.....BUT

TCpoolnoob

Apr 27, 2015
Richland WA
I love my Polaris, He (yes ours is a he) does a great job of keeping the pool free of sediments. Unfortunately, he seems to be having a chronic issue with the wedding cake steps into the pool. See this pic:

He keeps getting stuck in this position. Sometimes he shoots water into the air, other times he just sits there until the return valve kicks on.

Has anyone figured out a solution to this issue? I've changed his tires, adjusted the jet and still he gets stuck here at least once an hour.

Hey! I have a pool that looks just like yours - yours is cleaner though :) - and I have a Polaris like yours, and steps like yours. I'd say that your Polaris hose is a bit too long. My steps are the farthest point from the Polaris wall fitting - I suppose yours are, too - and my hose is of a length such that the Polaris will make it up the bottom step, but not up on the middle step. (Of course, the tail can whip around up on the top two steps, sometimes).

True, if you shorten the hose a bit, you might have to give the top two steps a quick brush each morning, but that will rid you of this pesky situation.

Hope that helps!

Alan

And yes, the Polaris ~is~ a stud, isn't it?!

the hose should be no longer than + or - 6" to the furthermost point. To check this leave the hose connected to the wall (with pumps off), disconnect cleaner then walk the hose to the furthermost point, pull to the hose to straighten it then check against the edge of the pool. if you have quite a bit of hose over then you must cut the Leader Hose (hose connected to cleaner) to the depth of the pool, then do a recheck of the length and it is, say 12" too long then you must cut 6" off each "Feeder" hose (1 & 2) from the first swivel from the wall fitting. Then rest the hose floats to be evenly spaced at approx 3' apart.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.