Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: "ATWOODS" pool store for Oklahoma :)

1. Back To Top    #1

TFP Guide

"ATWOODS" pool store for Oklahoma :)

So I just returned from Atwoods and thought I would let everyone know the prices and what I found:

Diamond Solar salt 40 lb (blue bag and Yellow bag) $4.65
    CYA stabilizer 3 lb $ 8.?? something
    10% Clorine bleach $2.99 a gallon (I could not find a manufacture date but there was a use by date of Jan 16??)
    Muriatic Acid 31.45% 20 Baume 1 gallon $3.99
    24 lb DE but can't remember exactly how much it cost (cheap)
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: "ATWOODS" pool store for Oklahoma :)

Seem to be good prices on the bleach and MA. I only use CYA on occasion and don't use the others at all, so I cannot comment on those.

A word of advice on the bleach...the first time you use it, I would dose according to what Pool Math tells you. I would then retest FC about 30-60 minutes later to see if the FC level increased as expected for 10% bleach. Without a manufacture date, I would not blindly assume it has 10% strength until you confirm it with this test. The higher bleach concentrations will lose strength faster than lower concentrations under the same circumstances. I ran into the same situation a couple of years ago when I purchased 10% from a big box store. Testing confirmed that it only had 6% strength. Apparently, bleach at a home improvement big box store has much lower turnover than it does at a grocery store or warehouse club.
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

Thanks for the heads up
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

4. Back To Top    #4

I hit our local Atwood's and bought 24 gallons of the 10%. They also at the time ( last week) had 5.25% for 99 cents. I opted for the 10% only because I didn't want to have to haul a bunch more of the lesser strength stuff out.

5. Back To Top    #5

Also the 10% seemed to actually be a bit stronger than 10% according to the pool math. After adding recc dose it bumped my fc way up. Haven't opened second gallon yet so can't say if its consistent.

6. Back To Top    #6

I bought from Atwoods last year and it was stronger than 10% at the beginning of swim season!
    Pool Owner since 2013 . 15'x48" AG Intex Metal Frame . 4500 Gallons . Intex 2100 GPH Sand Filter

7. Back To Top    #7

I just had that happen with the 8.25% generic bleach from Winco.

Every gallon of bleach I've added since last year raised my fc 4ppm (usually the generic Safeway brand)

The winco raises it 5-6ppm!
    16x32 IG Vinyl, 13,000 Gals. Hayward S-244T sand filter, SP2810X15 pump
    (1.5 HP motor) Raypak PR266AEN (266k btu) gas heater. TF-100 Test Kit.
    Dolphin E10 Cleaning Robot.

8. Back To Top    #8

Thanks for the heads up! They are around the corner from me and I have never stopped in.

Here in AR it is $2.50 a gallon. I bought 20 gallons this morning.
    16x32 IG rectangular 21,800k new vinyl liner 2014, Triton II TR 50 sand Filter, Pentair 3/4 hsp whisperflow pump, 3 returns, TF100 test kit w/speedstir. Maytronics s 300i robot.

9. Back To Top    #9

Thanks for sharing! As soon as my SLAM is done, I'll be shopping at Atwood's for my chemicals. Trying to avoid our local pool store at the moment...

I told them Saturday that I was trying the TFP method and they were none too happy about it...
    25,000 gallon freeform gunnite/plaster, built in the 1970s/80s; Sta-Rite 9463004 575-lb. sand filter; Sta-Rite DuraGlas/Max-E-Glas (P2RA5F-125L) single-speed 1.5 HP pump, manufactured 12/1993 (1M93M).
    Helpful links: TFTestKits; Pool School; ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry; Chlorine/CYA Chart; PoolMath; SLAM - Shock Level And Maintain

10. Back To Top    #10

TFP Guide

COBRIen, your right up the street, ive been to that Atwoods a couple times... They can be "not happy" as long as your pool is nice and you save money...

at that price for chlorine, i would go there to finish your SLAM