Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Liquidator & Variable Speed Pumps

1. Back To Top    #1

Liquidator & Variable Speed Pumps

What is the preferred / easiest method of setting this site? Just have say an hour cycle on high RPM to dispense the chlorine?
    25k Gallon Gunite Inground Pool
    Pentair FNS PLUS DE filter
    Pentair WhisperFlo WF-24 (seems like single speed)
    Bel Air, MD 21015

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Liquidator & Variable Speed Pumps

I was also looking into the Liquidator and have a VS pump. From what I understand, this is one of the disadvantages of the Liquidator compared to a Stenner. Since, the Liquidator will always be dispensing when the pump is running, you will get variable amounts of chlorine depending on the RPM of the pump....making it hard to tweak the settings. I run a low RPM for filtering and a higher RPM when the Polaris is running so I think I will run into this problem.
    My Pool Build
    15k gal IG freeform w/ attached spa, Wet Edge Luna Quartz Bermuda, 3.5' to 5.5' depth, Intelliflo VS pump, Cartridge filter, MasterTemp heater
    1 hp Whisperflo for ledge bubblers/weeping rock wall, Polaris 280, EasyTouch 8 Automation, Intellibrite 5G color LED's, TF-100 w/ Speedstir, Stenner Peristaltic Pump

3. Back To Top    #3
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: Liquidator & Variable Speed Pumps

A Liquidator and a variable speed pump is not a good combination. One hour on a fairly high speed is not likely to be long enough to feed a sufficient amount of chlorine, and longer high speed run times kind of defeat the whole point in having a variable speed pump.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School