Aquarite not generating again

Jun 17, 2013
Dallas, TX
Last year my aquarite had the resistor go out. I replaced it and all has been fine. Now this year, my Compool is having issues and it now appears my aquarite isn't generating again.

I had thought the pool turned green due to massive rainfall and/or a flood however I just discovered my aquarite doesn't have the generating light on.

Could low salt (2100 after the rain last week) be causing this? I took off the cover to see if it was the resistor again, but hard to tell since the board is still burned from last time...

If the current limiter burns out the instant salt reading will always be zero. If you have an instant salt reading above zero, the current limiter is still working.

Low salt is indeed a problem for the AquaRite. Low salt readings can also be caused by the current limiter burning out in the last 24 hours. Once it burns out the salt reading will drift down to zero over 24 hours.

If the current limiter burns out the instant salt reading will always be zero. If you have an instant salt reading above zero, the current limiter is still working.

Low salt is indeed a problem for the AquaRite. Low salt readings can also be caused by the current limiter burning out in the last 24 hours. Once it burns out the salt reading will drift down to zero over 24 hours.

Would low salt cause the unit to switch off generating — ie: the generating light isn't on? If so, that's an easy fix.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.