Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Aquarite not generating again

1. Back To Top    #1

Aquarite not generating again

Last year my aquarite had the resistor go out. I replaced it and all has been fine. Now this year, my Compool is having issues and it now appears my aquarite isn't generating again.

I had thought the pool turned green due to massive rainfall and/or a flood however I just discovered my aquarite doesn't have the generating light on.

Could low salt (2100 after the rain last week) be causing this? I took off the cover to see if it was the resistor again, but hard to tell since the board is still burned from last time...
    35k gal, sand, IG, diamond brite, Hayward Goldline T-CELL-15 Turbo SWG, Aquarite, Compool Lx3600

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Aquarite not generating again

If the current limiter burns out the instant salt reading will always be zero. If you have an instant salt reading above zero, the current limiter is still working.

Low salt is indeed a problem for the AquaRite. Low salt readings can also be caused by the current limiter burning out in the last 24 hours. Once it burns out the salt reading will drift down to zero over 24 hours.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by JasonLion View Post
    If the current limiter burns out the instant salt reading will always be zero. If you have an instant salt reading above zero, the current limiter is still working.

Low salt is indeed a problem for the AquaRite. Low salt readings can also be caused by the current limiter burning out in the last 24 hours. Once it burns out the salt reading will drift down to zero over 24 hours.
    Would low salt cause the unit to switch off generating — ie: the generating light isn't on? If so, that's an easy fix.
    35k gal, sand, IG, diamond brite, Hayward Goldline T-CELL-15 Turbo SWG, Aquarite, Compool Lx3600

4. Back To Top    #4

Yes, around a salt level of 2300 or lower the unit will shutoff and refuse to turn on again until salt is raised. From 2300 to 2600 the salt light will flash, but the unit will continue to operate.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by JasonLion View Post
    Yes, around a salt level of 2300 or lower the unit will shutoff and refuse to turn on again until salt is raised. From 2300 to 2600 the salt light will flash, but the unit will continue to operate.
    Good news, thanks! I'm grabbing more salt tonight, so hopefully this solves the issue.