I am new to the forum and have a question for all the pros out there.
We are looking to purchase an AGP in the next few days. We have been looking for a few weeks. Doing research and such. We have narrowed our search down to either an 18 ft or 21 ft 54 inch high Wilbar Resin Hybrid.
The only reason we would hesitate with the 21 foot at all is yard space. We are absolutely limited to literally one spot in our yard that this can go.
Reasons for the limitation:
1. overhead electrical service drop on the left side of backyard
2. backyard has a sewer line that runs the length of the yard that the water people need access to, so the easement is minimum 7 feet, which is the distance the shop is set back from the property line
3. one side of our yard has a 24 ft by 12ft outdoor shop
4. can not be placed center of backyard because the our sewer lateral line runs directly straight under our porch to the main sewer line at the back of the property
5. right side yard is not big enough and blocks access to yard through double gates. Plus, it is too shady and messy with an oak tree, pine tree and cherry tree.
So the plans show an 18 foot pool proposal for our permit application. It will be diagonal from a screen porch. With an 18 ft pool we will have about 6 1/2 feet from corner of the pool to the corner of the porch. If we would put a 21 ft pool it would obviously be
1 1/2 feet closer to the corner of the porch.
Now to the question. I really want a 21 foot and I think it will "fit". I do not want it to be "cramped" . The 18 ft would probably look best because it is just a bit smaller and will not " fill" the back yard in as much as the 21 footer.
Okay, now the question. Sorry. We are a family of 3. A 9 year old boy, two adults and a terrier mix. Will an 18 ft pool be sufficient? I mean we will have friends over from time to time, but the bulk of the swimming will be from our family.
We would like to add a tiered deck to tie it into our backyard.
Obviously we would like the most pool for our money but I want the pool to look good too.
Any thoughts and pictures of AGP in yards that might be a little cramped etc. would be so helpful.
Thanks so much in advance and looking forward to learning alot from everyone.
I guess I will ask on final question. This would be a non issue if it were not for our electrical service drop from the power lines to our house. If we could put the pool to the edge of that service drop the 21 footer would fit no problem. But, in our attempt to maintain a buffer between the service drop and pool we are pushing the pool further to the middle of the yard, hence closer to the porch. So frustrating.
I know our permit requirements say that " no power lines will be able to run over the pool", but I wonder if this means we can't put it right alongside the pool.
Would anyone have info or experience about that?
We live in Florida by the way so, not sure if laws are different from place to place.
Once again thanks so much!