Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Tips for removing water from pool cover?

1. Back To Top    #1

Tips for removing water from pool cover?

I don't want to run into the same problem I did last year. I put a garden hose on the cover, started a siphon, and let it go all night. In the morning a massive amount of water was removed from the pool itself, not just on top of the cover. I assume this is because water can get through the cover (it's a cheap one).

Does anybody have any suggestions for removing the water from the top of the cover with minimal loss of water under the cover?

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Tips for removing water from pool cover?

Welcome to TFP! I don't know what type of pool you have or how big. That would help if you could put this in your signature. You can do this in settings.

If it is AB you can take a pool brush or large soft bristle broom and try to brush it off the top. Another option would be a wet/ dry shop vac.
    Lisa
    Intex AG vinyl 15' x 48" 4,300 gallons due to skimmer install, Krystal Clear SF pump combo 2800 GPH, Krystal Clear SWG, Pool Blaster Max vacuum, Hayward thru the wall skimmer, TF 100 test kit with speed stir, K 1766 Taylor salt test, My SLAM Process

3. Back To Top    #3

It's an 18' x 33' AG. There is about 1 or 2 inches of water on the cover.

4. Back To Top    #4

I have an in ground but - If water can you get through the cover can't you just pull the cover off and let the water on top of the cover go into the pool? That what I do with my mesh cover when opening the pool.

If the water can get through it - any water that you will be siphoning off will basically be coming from inside the pool no?
    16 x 32 In-Ground vinyl, 21,000 Gallons, Hayward Cartridge Filter, Hayward Tiger Shark robotic cleaner, Taylor K-2006 Test Kit

5. Back To Top    #5

Buy a solid cover and pool cover pump. They turn on/off automatically so you can put on and forget it.
    Replastered 2015: Sunstone Quartz Midnight Blue 16x32 rectangular gunite with in-pool spa....18,000 gallons. Autopilot Total Control System with SWG and acid pump. Pentair Clean & Clear 420. Auto cover. TF-100.