Anyone regretted an acid wash?

SkyG

May 18, 2015
Las Vegas, NV
After lots of surfing through the boards.... I just wanted to ask owners who did get an acid wash....

Have any one of you that has done an acid wash regretted it?
Example : Has the pool surface been too rough after? Or has the plaster deteriorated faster?
Are the con's true to be problemantic? :p

An acid wash does remove plaster, and thus shortens the lifetime of the plaster. For most people that effect is invisible until many years later. Having anything go wrong immediately is quite unusual.

Only had one done after the plaster was installed. Evened out the plaster and exposed the aggregate quite nicely. Beyond that, I think it's a fairly safe procedure unless your plaster is on its last legs. I agree with Jason, though, it does remove plastered can definitely shorten the life span of the plaster.

I did my acid wash last spring and I don't regret it at all. It was terribly easy to do just please remember to have all the safety equipment especially the correct respirator and I wore Tyvek coveralls bought at Lowes. Took all of a couple hours and was a night and day difference. On top of that the pool experts wanted around $700 to do it and I spent maybe $200 and it fixed my high CYA problem:cool:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.