Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Multi-port valve leaking

1. Back To Top    #1

Multi-port valve leaking

I am assuming that I damaged at least one of my laterals last summer when I was cleaning my sand filter. Because of this, I have gone through 2 spider gaskets in my multiport valve. I am now getting water leaking out my waste line. I am assuming this is clean water because the port is set to filter. I ran the waste line into the pool so I could still run the filter. Is this ok? At least until the repair parts come in. They are on order.
    16' x 32' Hopper IG Vinyl | 19,000 Gal | Pentair Tegalus 60 Sand Filter | Pentair Challenger 3/4 hp Pump

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Multi-port valve leaking

Personally, I think I'd run the waste line to the skimmer, in case it's not clean water.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

That's ok, but you could have just plugged it off and not have had to replumb/reroute it.

On a side note; if you'd damaged the laterals, you'd be getting sand in the pool when filtering.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by Bama Rambler View Post
    That's ok, but you could have just plugged it off and not have had to replumb/reroute it.

On a side note; if you'd damaged the laterals, you'd be getting sand in the pool when filtering.
    I didn't have to replumb, just put my backwash hose in the pool. I am getting sand. Especially when the filter turns on. When I vac it up, it comes right back into pool.
    16' x 32' Hopper IG Vinyl | 19,000 Gal | Pentair Tegalus 60 Sand Filter | Pentair Challenger 3/4 hp Pump