test results

Apr 9, 2015
Hernando MS.
I am waiting on my test kit to come in so I went to the local pool store for a test. They use a "WaterLink system" for testing.... any way here are my results.
FC 3.67
TC 3.9
Combined Chlorine 0.23
PH 7.8
Hardness 50PPM
Alkalinity 122
CYA 65
Borate 11

The lady basically told me it was fine to just add some Calcium Chloride and let it go.
So I went to another pool store that uses a lab and drop test here are their results
FC 3.98
TC 4.0
Combined CH .02
PH 7.0
Hardness 50PPM
Alkalinity 120
CYA 71

My question and concern is the combined chlorine from the first test. The inconstancy is driving me crazy can't wait to get my test kit in. I used the pool calculator but just wondered what you guys think and any advice is much appreciated.

Yeah, just stop going to pool stores and wait for your test kit. Those are actually remarkably close to each other (except for the pH which is usually the easiest to get right).

If that CYA level is correct, you should try to raise and maintain your FC a little higher according to the FC/CYA Chart.

It is hard to advise you on pool store testing. I am glad you have a test kit on the way. Your TA is high. You have a vinyl liner so don't worry to much about the CH. Unless you added borates to your pool, you have none.

How does your water look?

Water look good I have a few leaves in the bottom that I am still working on but I am happy that things aren't way out of whack.. Also one pool store said that my pool was 28K gallons and one said it was 32K how can they be 4K difference?

After looking at the CYA/FC table I need to raise my FC since my CYA level is on the high side. I added the recommended bleach to reach the recommended FC level. How will that affect my CC numbers?
I had already used the calculator to check the gallons I just think it is funny that 2 pool stores would differ by so much on gallons.

You can validate your pool volume by conducting a series of tests using poolmath. Each time you add chemicals write down the expected result and the actual result and over time you can dial in the actual volume.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.