I still remember the trauma of opening a "green pool" in the beginning of the 2008 season. Well, it wasn’t exactly a "trauma", but it wasn't the best pool experience, to say the least.
It happened because snow and rain over-filled the pool above the winter cover and in early spring the leaves on the top started the algae bloom.
I prepared a counter - measure by immersing two pumps in the pool. If and when I notice water reaching the cover I'll pump it out.
Nevertheless, I wonder if it makes sense to continue to monitor the FC level and to shock if necessary. In order to get circulation I'd use the pumps returns (garden hoses) and I am also considering leaving my robotic cleaner inside, to aid in circulation.
My pool closing shock level was 26 ppm (CYA = 60).
Any comments? Would leaves and organic debris that may accumulate in the robotic cleaner start an algae bloom?