Auto fill

meyer

May 19, 2015
Windermere
We have auto fill on our pool. It was recently adjusted by our pool tech and now the water constantly turns on and off instead of running for long periods of time until it is at the correct level. Should it be constantly turning the water on and off?

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

Is it a standard float valve auto-fill?
If so, it is normal to turn on and off when the water is at the correct level. Maybe they set it to a position other than where you think the water should be.

Welcome to TFP! Sounds exactly like what mine does, the water level moves up and down slightly with waves, wind, etc and turns it on and off frequently. It only runs for a long time when the water level is low and needs to come up an inch or more. We have an overflow drain and I like to keep my water level about 3/4" below the bottom of te overflow grate so it isn't causing more overflow.

Auto fill feature

Our auto fill feature used to run water into the pool when low and do so by coming on and staying on until the water was at the desired level. Our pool cleaner today was messing with the float and now the water comes on and shuts off constantly since that time. Does anyone know what needs to get corrected?

Re: Auto fill feature

is the pool going HIGHER than the level you want it at after the adjustment? when it gets close to the limit, the float will bob a little bit and trickle water in until it hits the right level and turn on and shut off only letting in a small amount of water at a time. eventually, it should stop.

If it doesnt and the water is higher or as high as you'd like. just readjust the float until it does stop. theres usually a set screw you unscrew and then move the baloon where you want it...then retighten.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.