This is my firth season and for the first time I am having issue holding free chlorine. I believe my SWG is working it has the following readings
"26.57v 6.62a 74F 3000PPM" and I see the bubbles in the pool. The pool has been opened now for about a month and I started noticing there was a slight haze starting to form as a result of the low FC. I have increased the SWG run time and it still persists. I took the water to my rusted pool store and he said all my readings are in check. (other than the FC) So he did the phosphate test and he told me was not normal. He did not share with me the reading other than he had me buy a "phosphate remover" product. I asked if i needed to shock the pool given the slight haze he said it wouldn't hurt. So I shocked the pool and then put the phosphate remover in the skimmer as instructed. Am I on to something? Or was it a waste of time and money? I have a big crowd coming this Sunday and need to get this fixed asap.
-Any insights greatly appreciated.