unlevel...to late?

Star

May 19, 2015
spruce pine nc
We have just installed our above ground 22 x 52 intex ultraframe. It is almost full and one side is 3 inches deeper than the other. I am afraid to drain and redo because of possible tears or pinholes in the liner from making adjustments. Has anyone had this problem and survived the summer with a little unlevelness?

Something I have done in the past which worked, but is probably not the safest route was to jack up the cross beam with a 2x4 and a car jack.
I got a stone paver and laid it on the ground close to the pool, sat the jack on it and put the 2x4 between the jack and cross beam. I actually cut a U shape in the top of the 2x4 so the pool beam would not slide off. I made sure I stayed close to the T in the cross beam since it is stronger there and less of a chance for the beam to flex. The liner would be in your way anyhow if you moved out too far.

Just take your time and go slowly. I only needed to raise mine a couple of inches. I raised it and shoved a paver underneath the foot and slowly let it back down. I had to do this for 3 posts.
Worked like a champ and I didnt have to let out any water.
Just be careful. If there is any sign of anything bending or getting ready to give, STOP.

I just set mine up for the year and one side of my pool is about an inch and a half out of level. I may do it again this year.

You need to level the ground by starting at the lowest point and removing dirt. Moving the pool to an area you think is level will not work because you'll still need to remove sod and level the ground.

My 30' pool is off by 4 inches and I'm in hard clay, so digging out is not an option. On the low end, I built a buttress to help prevent a wall buckle and am happy to report that after 4 years, it's still standing! Looks like **** to me but much better than having to drain and fix, risking tearing the liner when trying to adjust. When it's time to replace the liner, I'll be sure to fix it for good.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.