Still have a bit of iron at waterline ...

Nov 30, 2009
North Florida
So, about 3 years ago, I screwed up and refilled in ground unite pool from the wrong hose ...yeah, the one not connected to the water treatment system that remove iron and metals ...pretty quickly got an iron waterline stain.

I used ascorbic acid ...got it in 2 pound bags ...still seemed expensive, but way less so than buying s "special" product. It pulled most of the stain off the wall, but I still have some staining ...a bit less each year, I guess as the water ratio has changed as I have not reintroduced any untreated well water.

Given where I am, how best to continue to work on the staining? More ascorbic acid? Is there a special device that one can load ascorbic acid into and scrub the line?

Thanks and happy pool season to everyone!

If I was faced with that, I think I'd let the water level drop an inch or so to expose the rust and mix up a paste of ascorbic acid and smear it on the rust. Use a spray bottle to mist it and keep it damp and let it work. Then use a sponge and a bucket to wipe it off and rinse the sponge to keep as much of it out of the pool as possible. Then fill the pool back up.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.