Raypak heater - BTU rating

jsour

Jan 18, 2013
Hello,

I'm planning to buy a new in-ground pool heater to replace my 13-year old Minimax NT 300.

I'm looking at a RayPak 336 NP electronic model.

Both the Copper and Cupro-Nickel models are the same price.

My question, looking at the heater specs it appears to me the Cupro-Nickel uses less energy?

The only BTU specs I see are "input", what is the actual BTU "output" for the 336 model?

http://www.raypak.com/product.aspx?id=E841D1F9-5916-48BD-B753-78A6471032E8

Input BTUH Copper Cupro-Nickel
P-R336A 332,500 300,000

Thank You

Thanks guys for the quick replies.

SO I was thinking "input" meant the amount of energy used.

But it appears from your comments the copper heat exchanger is more efficient.

332,500 x .81% = 269,325 BTU output

Thanks for the help!

Keep in mind that if you have issues, it might not be covered under warranty. Raypak does state that their units are not to be sold over the internet. I'm not telling to be mean, I just want you to be aware of potential warranty issues.

These units are all 82% efficient.

Keep in mind that if you have issues, it might not be covered under warranty. Raypak does state that their units are not to be sold over the internet. I'm not telling to be mean, I just want you to be aware of potential warranty issues.

These units are all 82% efficient.

Point well taken.

I live in the Northeast and the heater is in use less then 4-months, then come next year when I reopen the pool it will be out of warranty anyway.

For the price I figured I can purchase a replacement part if the warranty is not honored.

I am using a local certified installer that moonlights to install the heater.

Thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.