IG pool built under grade-freaking out-one more day til electric

outdoorsgal

LifeTime Supporter
Jan 24, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
can an IG pool be built under grade 3 inches and graded so that water from rains to not get in? the pb seems to think it will be fine because it's "almost level" and it's in a yard that is surrounded by block wall. we can get some heavy rains in the monsoons in AZ and some houses flooded last year. i'm hoping that the pb knows what he is talking about. he says that the small amount of water that is collect in that area should go where it needs to if i make a small gully in that area. i have 3 1/2 feet to work with for the growing bed area from the block wall, where i plan on growing desert plants most likely. then there will be a 16" coping (coping only pool). having probs posting pics and it doesn't seem to show justice in pics. i took a level and used it to figure out how much room we'd have about the boards the install to form the pool. if i understood correctly, there is 3" of concrete and marbella above that form board? the marbella is 1 3/4". i think the pb is going a bit crazy with me because i'm not confident in the plan and maybe i don't understand it well enough. i worry about grading and i wonder if i'm making a bigger deal of it than i need to due to how it makes sense to me. thanku!!

I think my first question would be what did the city say about the level of the pool, on the plans that were submitted for your permit? I built a pool in Tempe last year and first had to sign a special release paper with the city to build my pool below the grade of the house. Second I have a retention lot so had to do some dirt work around the yard, along with special plans and a additional engineered drawing for the lot. Here's a few pics of my yard after the big storm we had last year, all I can say is the extra planing paid off.
f0a262414ddc54494754e36bd225f481.jpg
8cab83655e2af08ca31a9f5af6b683de.jpg
db88f59d2ba766ae3dac54897048bedd.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.